PDA

View Full Version : Rookie LM Driver need help

c4lm
06-07-2011, 09:26 PM
It's a motor issue. The problem is the car spits and spudders when I try and take off then all of a sudden takes off like now other. I have cleaned the fuel filter twice now and we have good fuel pressure. The car in the pits revs up fine no issues only does this when the car is in gear and I go to start the pick up the throttle. Please help I am running out of stuff to check and this is very frustrating. Thanks for the help in advance.

C10
06-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Sounds like a carb issue to me. You either have the front throttle blades open too far to get idle, need to adjust your accel pump or possibly your float is too high. You just need to tune the carby a bit more and you should be good to go

Matt49
06-09-2011, 08:25 AM
You said pressure was "good". Please elaborate. How much pressure are you getting and are you using a regulator?
If pressure is okay, this sounds like an accelerator pump tuning issue. Either with cam placement and/or nozzle size.
What size motor do you have?
What RMP do you idle at?
What size pump nozzles do you have?
Which accelerator pump cam are you using (they are color-coded) and which position is it in?

dfhotlm33c
06-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Adding to matt 49's response:

Alky or gas?
50 or 30cc accelerator pumps?
clean the idle and high speed air bleeds..they get plugged and can cause you fits.
Power valve size? Too high of a power valve will cause problems as well
how is your float level set?
how did you set your idle? I'm referring to both the speed and mixture screws..

and never count out the possibility of ignition issues..it's unlikely that is the case since you say it free revs fine..but anything is possible..check your timing..if you're using a normal distributor with welded advance weights, make sure the welds didn't break...

the more info you give us, the easier for us to help you!