PDA

View Full Version : TechWest Racing .....No Answer

SRXSRULE
06-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Anyone been able to get this guy to answer his phone or e-mails this week? 5 minutes of digging found this "buisness" is run out of his house and a cell phone. Also found out that he is not an authorized MSD repair center either. He has one more day before I have the charges removed from my credit card. Eric

RacerX10
06-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Snake oil crap, like the guy selling "upgraded" MSD ignition boxes with matched output drivers and claiming it will make your car faster.

brad hibbard
06-09-2011, 02:28 AM
Pat Collins ---the owner operator of Techwest is a very competant and knowledgable ignition man.

He has done hundreds of igninition systems for me with not one single failure or complaint.

I think he does the ignition for many of the cup teams and that takes a ton of his time.

He has NEVER claimed to be MSD authorized or certified

and there is no black magic or "snake oil" in his work

chances are he is just a little backed up as we all are this time of the year.

leave phone messages and e-mails that are not threatening and I am sure he will contact you.

Brad
www.race-1.com

SRXSRULE
06-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Two weeks later, Same problem.

His product doesnt work and he doesnt answer the phone or reply to e-mails. Eric

SRXSRULE
07-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Still wasting my time with this "buisness". Anyone talked to this guy in the last two weeks? Eric

rubbinsracin
07-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Looks like he just posted something in the classifieds about some kind of MSD traction control.....http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?224271-Are-You-Running-Against-Davis-Traction-Control

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-12-2011, 05:07 PM
The old "dirty spark plug simulator".

ep33510
07-15-2011, 09:52 AM
SRXSRULE

Good morning, first off I am sorry the equipment you purchased did not work with your racing program. All the boxes I sent out to you were brand new units and they All had issues the same way on Your race car. All the boxes returned were tested & found to be operating properly so they are now currently in the field on other race cars winning races. It is a shame that it did not work for you since all 320+ boxes we have done so far are working providing their drivers with an edge. As for not being able to get a hold of me, all your contacts I have responded to as soon as I could. Keep in mind from May through Nov. we perform track support for race teams which typically run 1 to 2 weeks at a time. When we are on site to work with a customer I will not be able to contact anyone until I am free for the day. So I did not think you would have wanted me calling you late at night. Yes I do run this company out of my home like alot of folks these days; I am always scouting out possible shop locations regionally. But around here if you have anything that is associated with racing at all. They want to charge you an extra premium because they assume your rolling in it..... Thank you for returning the last box you tried and I have refunded your money as of July 13th. The refund would have been a little sooner but I had been out of town since June 28. Lastly Yes, I am not an authorized MSD ® Ignition repair site but it states that on my website. My being an independent repair operation is no different than any independent car shop in your town. I would like to wish you good luck with the rest of the 2011 racing season.

Pat Collins

Techwest Racing Services

techwest@techwestracing.com
704-995-4286
www.techwestracing.com