PDA

View Full Version : i need carb help!!!!!!

lyons17r
06-10-2011, 08:30 PM
i have a holly 750 carb its a dual feed non dubble pumper, the jets are 72s
the motor is a 383 13.5 comp pistons callies setup with eagle iorn heads victor jr intake, they said it would dyno around 500-550 hp,
Well my problem is it will start for a sec then die and backfire through the carb then i can start it and it will stay started aslong as i keep putting fuel to it, but i can see fuel just drip down into the motor, sometimes it will idle and sometimes it wont but it idles high. it is not consistante at all, after it dies and backfires it wont start it seems like its flooding out when it dies because it will not start right away.. thanks if u need to kno n e thing else just ask

C10
06-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Check your float levels, sound way too high, also check the air bleeds at the top of the carb they may be plugged, 3rd check the rubber o rings around the needle and seat they could be shot too.

LM14
06-10-2011, 11:35 PM
power valves

jedclampit
06-11-2011, 09:36 AM
From your description so far , and when it will run, it it "idles high" and will only run at high rpms, I would be looking for a vacuum leak.
With a little more info I may have a more accurate solution for you.
A backfire thru the intake tells me lean, or ignition timing/firing order off or a valve problem.
Is the carb dripping from the boosters......
When running or also after it's shut down?
Has all this equipment been in service, or is this a new start up?

lyons17r
06-11-2011, 05:03 PM
I think I found the leak, I don't have my all thread in it for my breather someone told me that will make it do some of that, and ya my timeing might b a fuzz off but ya it's a fresh motor, and it would only backfire as it died, like when it was almost was STOPED turning over and ya it was driping from the umm, ya what u said the thing that is over the barrels..lol I'm not a carb man at ALL..lol

lyons17r
06-11-2011, 05:04 PM
It was dripping when running, not shut off