PDA

View Full Version : wings

redrooster
06-11-2011, 06:50 PM
My local track is wanting to run Sprint car wings on top of our street stock next year, to seperate the look of the 3 full body cars. What are the pros and cons of them, for yall that have run them, or been around them?

fast_crew
06-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Should add a good bit of average speed to the car (pro), I would suspect a gear change would be needed $$(con), I would think setups would have to be modified to free the cars up, may cost more $$ (springs shocks etc, con)). Then the wing itself cost quit abit itself $$$(con) It may help with tire wear due to the car being hooked up better, but that may hurt the racing and ability to pass though.

I work on a street stock and a 410 winged sprint. Not much relation when it comes to adjusting setup besides the effects of stagger changes, this is mostly due to the fact the left side of the sprint car compresses in the corner instead of rebounding to the right. A heavy street stock may not react the same way, I know guys that have ran latemodels with wings and billboards and they react very similar to a winged sprint.

stock car driver
06-12-2011, 12:05 PM
5-7 inches of stagger is what a friend of mine said when he ran one two times. also much stiffer springs all around.

I wouldnt want to race like that myself, it will come down to all motor eventually...

Ive got a lot of 434 parts for sale if you go that way, might as well get the jump on the other guys and build a big motor, lol.

redrooster
06-12-2011, 08:46 PM
thanks guys, i figured it would be more of a headache than just the $400 wing.