PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Dirt Series returns to Wythe Racewat! Only 5000 tickets!

FASTRAKPR
06-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Lucas Dirt Series returns to Wythe Raceway June 18th! ONLY 5000 TICKETS WILL BE SOLD!

In what has to be the most beautiful setting in motorsports, Wythe Raceway will once again host the Lucas Dirt Series for only the second time in history. Last year’s event won by Jimmy Owens in front of what looked like 7000-8000 people had to be one of the best shows the series had seen in 2010. Along comes 2011 and once again the fans, the teams and the media are looking forward to coming back to Rural Retreats ½ mile speedway better known as Wythe Raceway. Lucas is considered “the premier” professional dirt series in the world. All the big names will be on hand.

The champion of the series in 2010 was none other than the master himself, Scott Bloomquist. The current point leader for 2011 is currently Jimmy Owens. Nicknamed “The Newport Nightmare” is one he has earned in true fashion as it’s usually a nightmare for the teams competing against him. Owens has already won the “Show Me” in Missouri along with several other events this year.

If you have never been to Wythe Raceway this is one place you absolutely have to see. One of the fastest tracks in the nation being a ½ mile, but in addition high banks and one of the few ½ mile tracks you can actually race 3 and 4 wide in the turns. The staff at the speedway are second to none and you will be well pleased you made the trip. Even the restrooms are first place at Wythe. Who ever heard of attendants in the restroom at a dirt track? Well, you will see it at Wythe as Fred and Susan Brown along with sons Perry and Chris run this place second to none.

Please be sure you bring your lawn chairs as the bleacher seating runs out quickly. Thousands will be lined up on the terraces in their ‘own’ chairs enjoying the scenery with the mountains in the background and what is sure to be one of the best events of the entire season for the Lucas Dirt Series.

The gates will open early in an effort to get everyone inside in a timely manner. Courtesy shuttles will constantly be running from parking lot to parking lot in an attempt to shuttle people right to the front gate. There are two exits going out of the speedway to insure traffic flowing well when leaving. The speedway has made every effort to insure the show and the facilities are even better than last year although from the testament of most fans, most will find that hard to believe.

Advance ticket sales: go to www.wytheraceway.com

Host Hotel: Best Western, Wytheville VA (discount code- wythe race)
Track: Wythe Raceway, Rural Retreat VA, Interstate 81- exit 60- follow the signs
Pit gate Opens: 12:00 Souvenir trailers: NO LATER THAN 12:00
Grandstands Open: 3:00
Autograph Session: 5:00 – 5:45
Hot Laps: 7:30

www.wytheraceway.com

www.lucasdirt.com

otto9
06-12-2011, 01:48 PM
I hope that you get 5000 to come tot he race, that might be pushing it as far as attendance

teaminsane
06-12-2011, 02:21 PM
I hope that you get 5000 to come tot he race, that might be pushing it as far as attendance

Not for this track. They have about 4000 for a weekly show.

scdirt
06-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Why are they only selling 5000 tickets i guess i have to dsrive 3 hours and hope i can get in i have never heard of a track saying they are only selling so many tickets my family and i were looking forward to our first trip to wythe i guess we wont be able to go not knowing if we can get a ticket or not

slidewayz
06-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Tickets can be purchased online but I find it hard to believe that they will only sell 5,000. They said that last year also and there were way over 5,000 people there.

tsand
06-12-2011, 04:42 PM
real dumb to advertise only 5000 tickets sold. that will stop alot people from even trying to come, not knowing if they can get in or not.

scdirt
06-13-2011, 03:49 PM
I have been trying to get someone to answer the phone all day at wythe speedway to find out prices for children I tried to order online and it charges me 25 dollars for a 7 and 6 year old Does anyone know how to get someone on the phone there

dirtlmfan
06-14-2011, 05:52 AM
I've been waiting for this weekend ever since last year's race. Gonna be an awesome show and there's no way I'm letting a little thing like limited tickets stop me from heading up the mountain. If you've never seen Supers at Wythe, you don't know what your are missing!!!

slidewayz
06-14-2011, 07:10 AM
I have been trying to get someone to answer the phone all day at wythe speedway to find out prices for children I tried to order online and it charges me 25 dollars for a 7 and 6 year old Does anyone know how to get someone on the phone there

Kids tickets are usually no more the $5.

dirtlmfan
06-14-2011, 09:32 AM
Kids tickets are usually no more the $5.

This came from the track web-site:

LUCAS OIL Dirt Late Models: June 18, 2010 PITS $35.00 Grandstand $25.00, Youth 12-15 $10.00, KIDS 6-11, $2.00 Under 6 Free