PDA

View Full Version : Vibration at low speed

merc123
06-12-2011, 09:41 PM
I've got a 3-link car with Camaro snout. I hit the wall and we've put it back together. We replaced the right axle tube and all the 3-link mounts. We also replaced both front spindles and tie rods. We also replaced the steering box with another GM box.

At low speeds the car has a huge vibration throughout the entire car. My buddy says it feels like it's in the RF to him but it felt like it was in the back to me. When you get up to race speeds it smooths out and goes away until you come down to caution speed.

We checked the wheels and they're not bent and can't find anything out of the ordinary. What are some things we can check?

TPR30
06-12-2011, 10:47 PM
There is a possibility that the driveshaft could be bent if you had to replace the axle tube.

AmickRacing
06-12-2011, 11:59 PM
Check the wheel bearings on all corners.
I actually just had a vibration happen last night on my car. When I would let off (racing or caution) it would vibrate pretty bad, didn't do it under acceleration, or if I was dragging the brakes.
Turns out the LR wheel bearing was about 1.5 turns loose.

Could or could not be the issue, but it's another thing to check.

merc123
06-13-2011, 07:51 AM
There is a possibility that the driveshaft could be bent if you had to replace the axle tube.

Wouldn't it get worse as the RPM/speed goes higher?

gadirtracer
06-13-2011, 09:26 PM
I've had out-of-round tires do this...Hoosiers & AR's

merc123
02-13-2012, 09:30 AM
I had to put on a new spindle. I'm guessing it was a loose wheel bearing because it stopped after replacing the spindle set

racin6mod
02-13-2012, 06:04 PM
if you hit hard enough to bend the tube you might look at the rearend gear.that would have a vibration at low rpm and under power it would seem to go away.

merc123
02-15-2012, 09:01 AM
if you hit hard enough to bend the tube you might look at the rearend gear.that would have a vibration at low rpm and under power it would seem to go away.

It was something in the RF. fixed when I replaced the spindle