PDA

View Full Version : Need Help on a Shaw on dry slick

Shaw02Mod
06-13-2011, 02:55 PM
I have a Shaw 4bar/4bar car that I run on a small 1/4 that doesn't have a lot of banking. I have been loose on corner entry all season long. I am running heads up weight in the rear with driver in car on scales. Car is loose on entry, too tight in middle of turn coming off. Here's the degrees I ran in the bars this Saturday: Top Left 22 degrees, bottom left 3 degrees, top right 11-12 degrees, and bottom right was 0 degrees. I'm running a 9-2 BSB shock on left rear with 200 psi, and a 94 on right rear. Running 175lb spring left rear on slider, and 200lb on right rear coil over. Running a BSB progressive spring pullbar with a BSB Black 225 psi gas shock on top of rearend. I am running 5 inches of Jbar split, on dry I'm mounting it one inch below the yoke on the pinion. Running heads up wheelbase on the car as well. Also when looking at the rearend from behind all the bars are straight. Do I need to move rearend to the left? Thanks for all help and suggestions.

washeduptoo
06-13-2011, 07:16 PM
Have you tried a heavier spring on rr or move the rrt bar up a hole? What are your front springs, you could stiffen the lf spring. What does Shaw suggest for jbar rake, I'm guessing its a 9in rear end? You could take some stagger out of rear. Good luck.

Dirtrunner35
06-13-2011, 08:32 PM
Is your right side tires lined up? Tire pressures ?

Darkstar15
06-14-2011, 07:35 AM
Call or even better send email to Kevin. Tell him what you wrote here. Do you have his setup book? He really helped us get on track with our new car.

John

Shaw02Mod
06-14-2011, 07:51 AM
Hey Darkstar can you send me your # by PM? Thanks