PDA

View Full Version : Envy Suspension!

jrkracing54
06-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Just wanted to express my extreme pleasure with my Afco M-2 shocks I just got back from Kirk at Envy. I had no idea what a difference getting my shocks done would make. I wish I had done it a year ago. I only have one race under them but I feel the $ was well spent. The race didn't end well (got into someone else's wreck) but we were coming. Best I've ever felt in a late model for sure. Thanks Kirk, look forward to working with you more in the future. John 1*

RacerX10
06-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Just wanted to express my extreme pleasure with my Afco M-2 shocks I just got back from Kirk at Envy. I had no idea what a difference getting my shocks done would make. I wish I had done it a year ago. I only have one race under them but I feel the $ was well spent. The race didn't end well (got into someone else's wreck) but we were coming. Best I've ever felt in a late model for sure. Thanks Kirk, look forward to working with you more in the future. John 1*

What kind of difference did you notice ?

Just curious. I'm running on 10 year old afco's that haven't been touched since they left the factory, lol :)

rlj
06-13-2011, 10:42 PM
like mine better than my gold ones

jrkracing54
06-14-2011, 05:44 AM
The main thing I noticed was the car turned so much better. Kirk put alot more rebound in the right front which helps the car turn. I didn't realize how much I was lacking. He also gave me an idiot proof tuning guide. I'm not a shock genius. I'm learning, but while I'm learning this should make it easier. The over all grip level seemed to be better also. The car had better traction off the corner where I had been struggling. This may have to do with the fact that the car steered better through the corner and I was able to stay in the groove.

TitaniumCrate
06-15-2011, 02:51 AM
You can get him to answer your calls? Good for you.

papa
06-16-2011, 07:03 PM
yep hes hard to get on the phone! i order some shocks week ago and ive been calling to get some info in when they will get here but no answer... its all good. im patience....

SS Motorsports
06-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Definately hard to get in touch with sometimes, had him do a set of asphalt shocks for a customer of mine. Longer than expected turnaround time but night and day better when we got them back.

hpmaster
06-16-2011, 07:57 PM
I have Kirk's shocks and all I can say is they work. Sure makes things easier when the car is consistantly fast. Worth the very little extra over the unprepard price of the shocks.

papa
06-25-2011, 11:49 AM
I HOPE my shocks are good as they say they are. ive been waiting for almost a month now for them. everytime i call there no answer. no return calls!

hucktyson
06-25-2011, 06:58 PM
I HOPE my shocks are good as they say they are. ive been waiting for almost a month now for them. everytime i call there no answer. no return calls!

You will either like them or completely hate them but on the bright side if you decide to stop racing dirt late models and start racing cup cars at talledega you will already have shocks with plenty of rebound in your front shocks and plenty of compression in your left rear.

papa
07-12-2011, 12:54 PM
I have a problem here! I order some shocks form envy about 8 weeks ago. I was told that they would be about 2 weeks for delivery. called and left messages! just want to know when i might get them but no return calls................... already charged card!!!

Not good!

papa
07-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Im not on here trying to bad mouth a company. just if you spend thats kind of money you deserve a phone call.. dont you think

papa
07-12-2011, 08:00 PM
I really hope this not what it seems to be! Was told he is one of the best in the business. I trusted him at his word. kirk I hope your reading this!

If anybody knows how to get in touch with him please let me know.
credit card fraud is a serious crime!!!!!

papa
07-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Is there anybody out there knows how to get in touch with envy!!!!

hucktyson
07-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Is there anybody out there knows how to get in touch with envy!!!!

Honestly i would just let him keep the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) shocks, unless your running on hammer down conditions your going to have to spend the money all over again to have new pistons and valving installed when you get them back. If you ask 10 randon dirt latemodel guys what they think about "The Captian" your going to get at least 7 of them that say hes a jack o%% and stay the hell away from him then youll get 2 guys who say they herd hes decent and then you get the one guy who was actually happy with what he got. I dont sell shocks, I have no dog in this fight but dead seriously i wouldnt run his $hit again if he gave it to me for free The dude talks a great game he (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near claims bloomquist and birkhoffer would have never won a single race if it wasnt for him and well he hasnt been around bloomer or birkhoffer for quite a few years and im not sure if you noticed but they both won before him and they still win after him. If you have any questions and would like me to further explain my opinion just email me @hucktyson@aol.com.

coloracer
07-14-2011, 10:26 AM
''''''''''''''''

papa
07-14-2011, 04:48 PM
envy has charged over 2000$ to my card! And i cant even get him to answer the phone. Its been over 8 weeks. I dont know if hes dead are alive... if hes stolen my money are what.

this is credit card fruad!

poppy
07-14-2011, 05:20 PM
This has been going on for a couple of years now. No one should be doing business with this dude. There are way to many places to get good shock advice and work done then to mess with him.

blncfn57
07-15-2011, 07:27 AM
I dont care what you guys want to write on here, but please sign your name so others are not accused of posting it.

Thanks

dualdj1
07-15-2011, 08:23 AM
This has been going on for a couple of years now. No one should be doing business with this dude. There are way to many places to get good shock advice and work done then to mess with him.

Yes, you can even work with Afco directly, they've got some great people working for them.

jrkracing54
07-15-2011, 08:29 AM
Well al I can say is my experience was very good. He was a little hard to get ahold of from time to time. I had better luck texting him than calling him. I will say I think he could benefit from a person in the shop just answering phones and handling shipping etc. Seems like he's got alot on his plate. Sounds like he just needs some help. I understand it's hard to work shocks when you are taking calls all day. I will continue to use him until he does me wrong. I hope you all get your shocks back the way you want them in some sort of a timely manner. I do understand your frustration. John 1*

rlj
07-15-2011, 11:15 PM
Does me a very good job works hard to keep us fast

JCSullivan00
07-17-2011, 08:02 AM
Call the Credit Card company and file a claim with them. That's the best part about doing business using your card.

racinrocket1
07-17-2011, 07:06 PM
i will say it like i did before he will never get any business from me when i talked to him he gave me the same story about bloomer and birky and all that good happy horse crap , then i asked him about putting more rebound in my RF and he told me i HAD TO HAVE 2 RF SHOCKS well we dont have the money some ppl do to just go and buy more shocks but i knew really i didnt need 2 shocks he was just trying to make more money in my eyes then he wanted a out of this world price to redo my shocks which it woulda been cheaper to buy a set than let him do them. so my friends i called B&O racing shocks and i will tell you right now when you talk to kenny you know he's not gonna take ya over the coals or steer you in the wrong way, the price couldnt be beat and what he has done for us is out of this world i couldnt be happier !!! the tech support he gives us is second to none and he calls me to see how we do each week heck he even calls to just say hi and if there is anything he can help you improve BY FAR THE BEST MONEY I EVER SPENT !!!!!! so do all yourselfs a favor and call kenny at B&O racing shocks and save your self money and time and get what your looking for in shocks

Kenny smith - B&O racing shocks 336-789-6365
THEY MAY NOT BE TRICK BUT THEY GET ER DONE IN THE SLICK !!!!!!!!!!!!

GREG ALLEN
07-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Shortys Shock Service

wtc 46
07-24-2011, 11:58 AM
i will say it like i did before he will never get any business from me when i talked to him he gave me the same story about bloomer and birky and all that good happy horse crap , then i asked him about putting more rebound in my RF and he told me i HAD TO HAVE 2 RF SHOCKS well we dont have the money some ppl do to just go and buy more shocks but i knew really i didnt need 2 shocks he was just trying to make more money in my eyes then he wanted a out of this world price to redo my shocks which it woulda been cheaper to buy a set than let him do them. so my friends i called B&O racing shocks and i will tell you right now when you talk to kenny you know he's not gonna take ya over the coals or steer you in the wrong way, the price couldnt be beat and what he has done for us is out of this world i couldnt be happier !!! the tech support he gives us is second to none and he calls me to see how we do each week heck he even calls to just say hi and if there is anything he can help you improve BY FAR THE BEST MONEY I EVER SPENT !!!!!! so do all yourselfs a favor and call kenny at B&O racing shocks and save your self money and time and get what your looking for in shocks

Kenny smith - B&O racing shocks 336-789-6365
THEY MAY NOT BE TRICK BUT THEY GET ER DONE IN THE SLICK !!!!!!!!!!!!

known kenny all my life! he eats , sleep, and breathes racing!!!!! he'll build the shocks that you need and his service is out of this world! don't just take my word for it...call him, and see for your self....you won't be disappointed!!!!!!!!

rlj
07-24-2011, 08:59 PM
New shocks were very good this weekend thanks for your help