PDA

View Full Version : Limiter Chain on the RR.

RACER007
06-15-2011, 08:48 AM
I have heard some guys are now running a limiter chain on the RR, so when the car gets on the bars down the straight away it doesnt allow the shock to come off the spring.. in return this allows the car to transition quicker and not take so long getting back on the spring on corner entry.. anyone tried this or having any luck with the limiter chain on the Right Rear.. Thanks

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-15-2011, 09:35 AM
The biggest thing is that it alters the amount of load the rr gains when it gets on the bars similar to the lr. The car will be much tighter on exit because you have made the car gain a lot of dynamic wedge over not limiting it. (The car loses wedge when the rr climbs the bars.)

It is yet another way to tune the chassis if you adjust the length of this limiter.

RACER007
06-21-2011, 09:48 AM
Thank you for the response, with what your saying, this is not the route for me.. I didnt think it would affect corner exit with the RR being squatted down and the chain should be loose until the straightaway.. then maybe i thought it would add a little dynamic wedge.. but was hoping it would keep the RR spring loaded for instant side bite entering the corner.. we run on big half mile shaped like a paper clip where you have to set the car and go.. its not a momentum type track.. normally the basic big right rear spring setup up in rockect chassis book gets you close.. just looking for way to get the RR planted harder and quicker.. Thanks for the info again.

kevin28
06-28-2011, 09:31 AM
how do you set the length if you were to try this..I have a genx and sounds like could be some speed,thanks..

charcoal01
06-28-2011, 02:23 PM
how do you set the length if you were to try this..I have a genx and sounds like could be some speed,thanks..

Set your ride heights, then start jacking the rs of the car up and watch for the car to start unloading the rr spring. Set the chain to stop before the spring is unloaded. You can shorten the chain from there if you want.

kevin28
06-28-2011, 03:00 PM
thank you..