PDA

View Full Version : camero and 4 link

dillon_94
06-16-2011, 03:49 PM
has anyone ever tried to fab a camero clip or sub frame to a metric 4 link chassis? do you guys think it would be a good idea to try or just a waste of time? i think it would kinda work because isn't the geometry better on a camero in the front and isn't 4 link more ajustable in the back? any thoughts or pros and cons would be kinda fun to hear. and dont wanna try wasting my time over the off season ruining my car.

hakuld
06-16-2011, 04:59 PM
it will work but you have to make wheelbase 110 to match up frames,several of these cars in my area and they seem to work pretty good,do they work better than a properly geometry metric front end?just as many metric clips with geometry corrected seem to win just as much as camaro stub cars,so is it worth it?i have one myself and dont know if it is worth it or not,parts for camaro clips are getting scarce.

dillon_94
06-16-2011, 05:14 PM
okay that makes sense. but how can you make the geo better on the metric chassis? i know it says on here but it dosnt make sense which ones work and which ones you have to cut and move stuff

hakuld
06-16-2011, 09:30 PM
take car to a reptuable chasis builder that has a bump steer gauge and get bump steer corrected and ackerman corrected to acceptable specs,they can explain this procedure to you,if the fast cars in your area are geo correct you will be way behind because you wil get beat thru the corners by the cars that are done,because they will handle better.

dillon_94
06-17-2011, 12:06 PM
what is the easyest control arm to switch to, dont these cars need a wider front end to make them faster? thanks for helping me out on here