PDA

View Full Version : Lucas oil race at Cherokee?

Bloomerfan
06-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Just wondering if anybody will be giving updates from the Lucas oil race at Cherokee tonight!

Racing
06-17-2011, 06:35 PM
37 LM signed into the pits...Drivers meeting is over...

Time Trials next!

MarkDouglas52fan
06-17-2011, 06:40 PM
http://tennesseeracer.com/?p=1792

He gives really good updates.

Racing
06-17-2011, 08:22 PM
Heat Race #1 Lineup:
Chris Ferguson Dennis Franklin
Steve Shaver Ray Cook
Jeff Smith Frank Heckenast Jr
Zach Mitchell Chris Wall
Furman Parton Ross Bailes

Heat Race #2 Lineup:
Jimmy Owens Jonathan Davenport
Mike Marlar Tyler Redd!ck
Eric Wells Casey Roberts
Steve Casebolt John Blankenship
Danny Breuer

Heat Race #3 Lineup:
Jared Landers Jason Pursley
Mike Gault Don O'Neal
Brent Dixson John Henderson
Steve Francis Eric Jacobsen
Daniel Baggerly

Heat Race #4 Lineup:
Scott Bloomquist Chris Madden
Dale Mcdowell Brad Neat
Chip Brindle Clint Smith
Bub McCool Earl Pearson Jr
Brandon Russell

NormP
06-17-2011, 08:28 PM
Heats 2 and 4 look tough. I guess if Francis is going to smash his car in qualifying at least he got a heat where he has a chance to come from the back.

Racing
06-17-2011, 08:45 PM
Heat 1 finish:
Ferguson,Shaver, Cook and Jeff Smith transfer.

Heat two finish:
Davenport, Marlar, Wells, Owens… Casebolt, Blankenship

Heat Three Finish:
Johnny Pursley, Landers, Gault and John Henderson

Heat Four Finish:
McDowell, Bloomquist, Madden and Neat transfer.

Racing
06-17-2011, 09:06 PM
Ferguson and Pursley will start on front row of feature.

Davenport and McDowell on row two.

B-Main about to start

Racing
06-17-2011, 09:09 PM
B-Main 1 Finish
Frank Heckanst Jr
Steve Casebolt
Dennis Franklin
John Blankenship
Chris Wall
Zach Mitchell

NormP
06-17-2011, 09:10 PM
How many laps are the b mains? 15?

Racing
06-17-2011, 09:13 PM
B-Main 2 Finish
Eric Jacobsen
Bub McCool
Steve Francis
Clint Smith
Earl Pearson Jr
Chip Brindle

Racing
06-17-2011, 09:21 PM
I'd assume 15 laps...I am just copying these from Twitter so you can thank Richard Allen for the results.

NormP
06-17-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm following him on twitter but it looks like his website is updating more than his twitter feed.

Racing
06-17-2011, 10:02 PM
that is correct thats where im getting most of it

lw82
06-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Davenport leads Landers about halfway.Bloomquist spun racing Landers and pitted with heavy damage

blackford
06-17-2011, 11:26 PM
Lol... ??? Hello, did we have to run to the store for more??? WTF???:D

MontanaMagic1619*
06-17-2011, 11:41 PM
01) 05) STEVE SHAVER
02) 09) Ray Cook
03) 15) Jimmy Owens
04) 23) Don O'Neal ( hard charger )
05) 19) Steve Casebolt
06) 21) Dennis Franklin
07) 25) John Blankenship
08) 22) Steve Francis
09) 16) Brad Neat
10) 03) Jonathan Davenport
11) 02) Johnny Pursley
12) 26) Tyler Redd1ck
13) 17) Frank Heckenast Jr
14) 08) Scott Bloomquist
15) 12) Chris Madden
16) 07) Mike Marlar
17) 10) Mike Gault
18) 20) Bub McCool
19) 24) Earl Pearson Jr
20) 01) Chris Ferguson
21) 11) Eric Wells
22) 06) Jared Landers
23) 04) Dale McDowell
24) 18) Eric Jacobsen
25) 13) Jeff Smith
26) 14) John Henderson.

blackford
06-18-2011, 12:17 AM
Thanks MM, I guess the other boys fell asleep after landers and bloomer must have got togather? I was waiting to hear what happened, and it was like lights out...:D

scdirt
06-18-2011, 12:24 AM
Bloomer was pretty upset with landers after race

Dirtman
06-18-2011, 12:26 AM
Davenport tough break flat tire while leading - Ray Cook came alive on the last 2 restarts and could have made contact with Shaver had he wanted to challenge for the win, but raced cleanly. Owens and O'Neal sliced and diced through the field - Landers and Bloomquist were bad fast on the top side, Bloomquist had a slow roll over and was still able to salvage a decent finish. He had a top 5 car for sure before the accident. Great 2 wide racing all over the place - stout field of cars. Big win for Shaver. The place had the vibe of the Cherokee of old, fantastic show tonight.

MontanaMagic1619*
06-18-2011, 12:28 AM
Yeah blackford, sounds like it was a good race, when 4 of the top 10 started back in the 20's, must been alot of moving forward. I see the Real Deal really came forward again this week.

Dirtman
06-18-2011, 12:34 AM
Bloomer was pretty upset with landers after race

Landers was on the top side and looked to me he gave Bloomquist room to race - Bloomquist came into 3 a little hard and just slight contact with the rear of the Landers ride send the 0 spinning.

I am sure Bloomquist was also frustrated from a tough night. He doesnt end up on his lid often at all, there was some really hard racing back in the pack, and he had another flat before it was all over.

teaminsane
06-18-2011, 02:51 AM
Best RACE i have seen at Gaffney in years.

scdirt
06-18-2011, 07:38 AM
I couldnt tell what happened to bloomer and landers but bloomer was acting a little more than frustrated after race with the language he was using

speedracer 007
06-18-2011, 09:31 AM
bloomer sucks i thought it was hard racing,was a great race.flagman sucked dont think he had a clue ???? but still a good show

chupp n bloomer fan
06-18-2011, 10:20 AM
bloomer sucks i thought it was hard racing,was a great race.flagman sucked dont think he had a clue ???? but still a good showWish I could suck that bad with them stats:rolleyes:. An a$$hole, ok, sucks, doubt it.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Landers was on the top side and looked to me he gave Bloomquist room to race - Bloomquist came into 3 a little hard and just slight contact with the rear of the Landers ride send the 0 spinning.

I am sure Bloomquist was also frustrated from a tough night. He doesnt end up on his lid often at all, there was some really hard racing back in the pack, and he had another flat before it was all over.I think everyone is just so fast now and not giving an inch no matter who you are. Moyer and Bloomer usually get a little more respect, but it's just too tight anymore to do that. Hopefully they'll start driving accordingly and not expect extra room.

F22 RAPTOR
06-18-2011, 11:11 AM
Davenport leads Landers about halfway.Bloomquist spun racing Landers and pitted with heavy damage

It was a little more than a spin, since he rolled over twice... I know I'll get roasted at the stake for standing up for Bloomquist on this one, but I'll share what I saw, since I was sitting in turn 4.

Fergy is leading at this point, Davenport is hunting for grip in second, Landers has found the high line and is flying, Bloomer doing about the same coming thru the pack. Don't get me wrong here, Landers is a force to reckon'd with, but I saw what I saw. Landers is bonzai'ing the Top and Bloomer is working him looking for an opportunity. Landers/Bloomer exit turn 2 run down the back and it looks like Bloomer has some momentum closing in on turn 3, he anticipates Landers staying up top, but Landers adjusts his line and woes up early for a lower entry and Bloomer is right there on his quarter. It appears Bloomer checks up and tries to stay off Landers but loses control braking and entering the corner, spinning in front of a tightly bunched pack of cars. The lighting over there isn't that good and with the dust from the spin I can't tell who drills Bloomer in the door, but Bloomer starts rolling and lands on his wheels in turn 4... Crowd to its feet, Ambulance, track workers arrive and within seconds Bloomer refires and drives back to his pits with what looks like only body damage. Bloomer returns for the restart, tags the back of the field and resumes the race. This same situation presents itself again later in the race with Landers abruptly changing his entry line into turn 3, with Ray Cook closing in on Landers, the only difference is Cook was able to save his car and continue...

Burn me, Slam me, curse my mother, but it won't change what I saw. Near the end I was pulling for Owens and Ray was coming hard, but Ray was able to overtake for second as Jimmy had switched to defense to save his tires as a lot of guys had to pit with flats in the second half. Also this was my first experience with seeing ecstasy handed out like communion. My wife and I watched these people in front of us(about 15 peeps) most of the night as they were really putting away a ton of beer and wine(Thought this was unusual for a Cherokee crowd). Anyway just before the feature is to start I witness this guy pouring lil white pills into another dudes hand, right out in the open. Anyway this guys starts going from person to person in his group handing out these lil pills and getting paid in return. My wife was an ER nurse and she said they looked like ecstasy to her... What a night, got out about 12:30 and was home in bed by 3:00am.

Yeah blackford, sounds like it was a good race, when 4 of the top 10 started back in the 20's, must been alot of moving forward. I see the Real Deal really came forward again this week.

There were some moving forward, but a lot of it can be attributed to flats sending people to the rear. There were multiple times when caution waved for two cars having flats at the same time. It was a good race, make no mistake, but tire management was key. The feature was better than the heats by a long shot.

speedracer 007
06-18-2011, 01:06 PM
okay i guess your right but he is a butt hole.yes hes one of the best just tired of him crying like a baby when things dont go his way. jared landers was flying glad to see new talent so sick of train racing its good to see someone up on the high side cause he was flying until he ran out of tires hes got a new fan here im not a bloomer fan but do respect him most of the time

speedracer 007
06-18-2011, 01:09 PM
f 22 yeah your right we were in the family section folks drinking all around us dont make no sense thats why i dont go to nascar races anymore

F22 RAPTOR
06-18-2011, 02:34 PM
f 22 yeah your right we were in the family section folks drinking all around us dont make no sense thats why i dont go to nascar races anymore

I can handle some drinking, even too some excess if you behave and have someone to drive you home. The drugs out in the open and passing them out like tic tacs was a little over the top. We don't normally sit at that end of the speedway, but it was pretty full already when we arrived at 6:30 and my wife had injured her knee so we need to be able to get in & out a little easier. I've always loved Cherokee and I miss the big track layout, but it was a good race and I don't blame the speedway for the behavior of some of the patrons, at least this group was friendly and respectful. I can't say that for the idiot behind me that was stone cold sober and yelling at the top of his lungs at everybody that rolled by on the front straight, no telling how many times we got sprayed by his saliva... I also enjoyed immensely the idiotic conspiracy theories I get to her some fans telling others, stuff you wouldn't believe, I see a lot of it here on 4m. You can really tell who actually knows things and who is FOS. LOL

Thanks to the Lucas Series and Cherokee Speedway we had a great time.