PDA

View Full Version : Upper bar adjustments

tumbleweed
06-18-2011, 04:03 PM
I went up one hole on upper on RR to loosen car up. Drove a lot better but I need about half of it back-little loose on exit. Does lowering bar on LR do the same thing or can I go up on the upper and get some forward bite coming off corner? What other adjustment will help a little?

1cln_sdime
06-18-2011, 05:18 PM
I went up one hole on upper on RR to loosen car up. Drove a lot better but I need about half of it back-little loose on exit. Does lowering bar on LR do the same thing or can I go up on the upper and get some forward bite coming off corner? What other adjustment will help a little?

Have u tried any simple adj. like add fuel,wheel spacer or maybe shortening the right side just a bit just some things to think about that have worked for us.

washeduptoo
06-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Usually raising the lrt bar will increase forward drive. Here is guide that might help in making adjustments.

http://www.integrashocksandsprings.com/general/assets/PDFs/4LinkDirtSuspensionShockTuningGd.pdf

tumbleweed
06-20-2011, 07:18 PM
If I leave the change in RR and go up one hole on ULR will that take some of the rearend wanting to hang out, on throttle, coming out of corner. Car enters pretty darn good and good at apex, just on exit I would like to keep car under me more. I guess what I've done with the RR is added rear steer. Correct? Maybe I do need to shorten right side wheelbase. Previous owner had ULR up two holes but wanted to start me out with it down two holes. By the way, these are 3/8 inch holes not the big holes, so the changes are small.

C10
06-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Personally I would lower your LLB. The more angle you put in the rods the more pulling effect forward you will have on the rearend. More angle = more rear steer. Now, the top rod will not give as much rear steer as the bottom but will add to it none the less.
Sounds to me that you are very close to liking what you have now and lowering the LLB will take more steer out of the car so your not wagging the tail without affecting your drive too much.

MOD434
06-20-2011, 10:16 PM
Are you putting the birdcages back at 12 oclock after you move the bars ? Depending on what you are doing or wanting to do , we generally put the birdcages back at 12 because it seems like it puts too much rollsteer into the car if we don't but in rare situations we don't put back at 12 ............ we don't do it on the rt. rr. top when we're trying to really free the car up on the tacky in those "rare" times I speak of . Raising that lt. top will wanna put drive in it but it also wants to yank rollsteer in it , which seems to cancel out the drive you just added mechanically .......that's where we put the top of the birdcage back at 12 oclock ...........this is just our preference to speak of . Good Luck

1cln_sdime
06-20-2011, 11:51 PM
Are you putting the birdcages back at 12 oclock after you move the bars ? Depending on what you are doing or wanting to do , we generally put the birdcages back at 12 because it seems like it puts too much rollsteer into the car if we don't but in rare situations we don't put back at 12 ............ we don't do it on the rt. rr. top when we're trying to really free the car up on the tacky in those "rare" times I speak of . Raising that lt. top will wanna put drive in it but it also wants to yank rollsteer in it , which seems to cancel out the drive you just added mechanically .......that's where we put the top of the birdcage back at 12 oclock ...........this is just our preference to speak of . Good Luck

Moving a bar up on the chassis should not pull the birdcage fwd atleast on r cage it dont bk of the ark that the holes r n

MOD434
06-21-2011, 07:35 AM
So , when the top lt. rr. bar gains more angle ............it's not yanking more roll steer in it and when the top rt. rr. loses bar angle from where it was raised an then compressed to where it's pushing back the rt. rr. wheel , is not creating more roll steer thru their mechanical function ?

powerslide
06-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Moving a bar up on the chassis should not pull the birdcage fwd atleast on r cage it dont bk of the ark that the holes r n

The moving of the cage back or forth at static depends solely on if the brackets on the chassis are radius'd correctly.

Mod434 you are going to have to use some commas and periods i cant understand that mess. here are some abreviations to help.
RRL= Right Rear Lower
RRU= Right Rear Upper
LRL= Left Rear Lower
LRU= Left Rear Upper

Anytime you add angle be it left or right upper or lower you are adding rollsteer

powerslide
06-21-2011, 11:05 AM
If I leave the change in RR and go up one hole on ULR will that take some of the rearend wanting to hang out, on throttle, coming out of corner. Car enters pretty darn good and good at apex, just on exit I would like to keep car under me more. I guess what I've done with the RR is added rear steer. Correct? Maybe I do need to shorten right side wheelbase. Previous owner had ULR up two holes but wanted to start me out with it down two holes. By the way, these are 3/8 inch holes not the big holes, so the changes are small.

i would try taking like an 1/8 of an inch of static trail out and leaving the RRU bar alone or maybe try taking some stagger out. I find that the trail is a huge tuning tool i can really feel the difference.

Great182
06-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Powerslide , how many features have you won this year so far and where at ? Just Curious ? Thank You

powerslide
06-21-2011, 07:08 PM
zero. Funding limited this year raced 1 time

Darkstar15
06-22-2011, 07:01 AM
My 2 cents, Find bar settings you and car like. Tighten and loosen car with stagger, air pressure, wheel base adjustments on RR and maybe adjusting the chain length on LR.

John

tumbleweed
06-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Thanks for all the input, and, I sure didn't mean to get any arguments started. Yes, the car is pretty close to my liking just wanted to be able to get on the gas a little earlier and harder. With play with some of the suggestions and see what I like. Thanks again.