PDA

View Full Version : driver help needed

lpd1
06-19-2011, 01:18 AM
need some help, our driver has been racing for a good while now has 5-7 years under his belt, won some good races over the years, but here lately we have been having alot of trouble with our car, and where thinking that he is over driving the car. the car seems to be very good getting in he can really run the car in thr corner but when the track slicks off i think we have to much speed getting in for the track to hold us??? does this make any sense??? please be honest??? and when he backs his corner entry up and slows down it seems like the car is to tight at slower speeds??? so do you adjust to car to go slow or adjust it to really hall it into the corners??? also thinking about turning the timing down from 38 to 30 or even 28 to take power away so he cant run it in so hard??? please leave feedback

gadirtracer
06-19-2011, 03:03 AM
I would not try to take power away! This will likely make the driver over-drive entry even more.
1st, driver needs to decide if he's gonna charge entry EVERY lap(hard to do in traffic) or back up the corner. Then, and only then, set up the car to the drivers "style".
Driver must be consistent and build on that.

ConleyRacing18
06-20-2011, 06:32 PM
Could be too tight getting in and he is compensating for that by going in hard and then it breaks loose. IMO its the biggest mis conception in dirt racing. Kinda explains why its tight when he slows down.

talclipse
06-20-2011, 07:36 PM
Could be too tight getting in and he is compensating for that by going in hard and then it breaks loose. IMO its the biggest mis conception in dirt racing. Kinda explains why its tight when he slows down.

Couldn't agree more! I would be interested to see your setup details and what kind of track you are running on.

I will say this getting in the habit of over driving the car can be difficult to break and can really throw your setup for a loop when the driver comes in screaming about loose middle off or skating in the center of the corner.