PDA

View Full Version : Aux shaft and dist problems

ministock94
06-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Alright after a month of battling this issue im putting out there for your input. Here is what i run tfi dist, stock aux shaft. here is the issue the car will run great for 5 laps, it set quick time this week, then it begins to break up and miss and sputter all the way around the track, we go to pull the dist and it is locked into the block, once we seperate the dist from the block the aux shaft and gear still looks new. We have run 3 diffrent dist and 3 diffrent aux shafts with the same issue. I had a mels in it with a billet aux shaft to start the year. the aux shaft has almost no end play the bearings feel good. On the second dist we made 22 regular laps before it happened and then it melted the rotor. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am completly lost here. It really stinks cuz this motor has 3 straight track championships
thanks guys
kyle

TM 44
06-20-2011, 04:21 PM
A few years ago I had trouble with the rotor button melting the pickup out of the top of it. Changed to a coil that was not as hot and it solved the problem. So it could be you have too hot of a coil.

PitManArm
06-21-2011, 10:21 AM
Does the ground wire from the module go to a good ground on the engine?

let-r-eat
06-21-2011, 11:08 AM
Exactly!! Grounding problem. Its grounding whereever it can and is burning up stuff and galling.

ministock94
06-21-2011, 09:12 PM
yes the module is grounded directly to the chassis, car also has a large gauge grounding wire from the block to the frame. we have also completely rewired the car to try to eliminate wiring issues. The ideas are greatly appreciated we are to the point of swinging a big stick at the car to fix it.
thanks
kyle