PDA

View Full Version : Pit lifts

hucktyson
06-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Im looking to buy a pit lift, what has been everyones experiance with the various brands ? I dont mind paying extra for a unit if its considerably superior to the others, but on the other hand i dont want to over pay for a unit just because some guy thought of the idea first. Im kind of up in the air over the steel or aluminum as i dont think 40 extra pounds is that big of a deal to move twice a night but what does everyone else think ? Also what are the web sites of the various brands ?

poppy
06-19-2011, 04:06 PM
It is way more then a big deal. you start lugging around a extra 40 lbs and it gets old in a hurry. I bought one that has 2 pistons and is all alluminum. I will get the name off it for you. I would not want to use one that is 40lbs heavier. by the time you get it out of the trailer and slide it under the car you can keep your 40.

hucktyson
06-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Does anyone else have any first hand input, im mainly trying to determine if the original corbin race lift is signifigantly better to the degree of justifying its higher price point?

jayjohnsonj1
06-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Does anyone else have any first hand input, im mainly trying to determine if the original corbin race lift is signifigantly better to the degree of justifying its higher price point?
I've had a corbin lift going on two years now. We use ours every week at the track and at the shop without any problems. I am very satisfied and would gladly recommend his lifts.

poppy
08-11-2011, 08:04 PM
I have to report that Race-lift is a joke, I bought one and posted that it was great, it has since broken and needs a new pistion, which I doubt they will warranty because I have been try to get ahold of them for 3 weeks. Left several messages and none to be returned. So be carefull.

hucktyson
08-11-2011, 08:31 PM
I attempted several times to contact corbin to buy a lift and he never returned my call or emails. So i got a hold of goodlift and bought one of his and from what ive seen its hands down better than the corbin lift, it has a far superior double action clyinder system that actually powers down instead of relying on gravity and relying on gravity leaves a chance of the lift getting hung up under the car and destroyed under the car when trying to drive away. I absoultely recomend the good lift just remember to folow instructions and move the vented cap to the top of the resorvior before you use it. he installed a solid cap for shipping so the fluid doesnt spill , the vented cap come with it just make sure you install it where it goes or you will have an air lock. This is my own stupid fault not his and to his credit he answered his cell phone at 8pm on a saturday night while he was at the races and explained how to fix the minor issue. this lift works absolutely perfect and ag=fter having it im not sure how i got by with out it. If anyone needs the contact info let me know.

poppy
08-11-2011, 08:54 PM
I will check it out at least they will call you back. What a joke of a company. I am not sure I have any recourse to return it or get my money back but I am going to try.

poppy
08-11-2011, 08:56 PM
I would like the contact info. The one I have is usless.

hucktyson
08-12-2011, 05:40 AM
His name is David Good his email is ddgood22@yahoo.com and his phone number is 734 260 2564. The lift is all aluminum with a double action clyinder on each side. Theres nothing at all about this lift that i would change, infact i really cant get over that someone thought a single action lift relying on gravity was a good idea because when the car is almost all of the way down there isnt any weight left on it to push it down. It always amazes me with a company like race lift, who is trying to sell the most expensive product on the market and they wont respond to calls or emails from someone willing to pay what they are asking !!!! From hearing your story im really glad i researched a little bit because its always assumed the most expensive unit is always the best but yet ive herd nothing but bad things about the race lift except from the 2 guys on here that liked theres.

jayjohnsonj1
08-12-2011, 08:10 AM
I have to report that Race-lift is a joke, I bought one and posted that it was great, it has since broken and needs a new pistion, which I doubt they will warranty because I have been try to get ahold of them for 3 weeks. Left several messages and none to be returned. So be carefull.
I've known cary corbin for awhile now and this doesn't sound like him at all. He is a personal friend of mine and would do anything to help out anyone. Are you calling the right #? 2297401503 cell 22924479 home.

poppy
08-12-2011, 08:25 AM
I do not think this is a corbin lift. The web site is race-lift.com, I serached Corbin and they look a little different. I wish it was Corbin, sounds like they will at least call you back.

pajamie
08-12-2011, 08:34 AM
I bought my lift from Profab(Moe).. Built by K&K Machine..Great product... Its a little heavier than the Racelift or Corbin.. But once we slide it under the car.. We dont move it again til we are loading up..

Made from 2" Box aluminum tubing..Alot of supports and bracing..This lift should last for years.. 2 lift cylinders.. heavy duty carrying box for pump and battery.. Gravity down.. but he put a pull down spring on the lift and helps lower the lift all the way down..

Moe # 443-867-5125

washeduptoo
08-12-2011, 08:48 AM
If you don't mind me asking, what is the price range of these lifts? Thanks

poppy
08-12-2011, 09:05 AM
Race-lift was $2,500.00 and $ 2.450 to much at this point.

pajamie
08-12-2011, 09:27 AM
i paid a little over $2200 for mine.. that was no shipping.. I went down and picked it up..

washeduptoo
08-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Thanks, someone had told me that, just checking, thanks again.

poppy
08-13-2011, 09:46 PM
my best advise is just stay away from Race-lift. I order a corbin and he gave me a good deal cuz I did not need the pump just the lift. I hope I have better luck then with those dudes a Race-lift. On there web page they have all these pics of big time racers with there stuff. I wonder how many are still using there junk.