PDA

View Full Version : propylene?

warriorautotech
06-19-2011, 06:50 PM
anybody mixing propylene oxide in their fuel?, if so how much , where do you get it? what kind of gains and problems do you have with it?
I am running a stock dohc honda at 7k rpms and am considering propylene. also would running racing fuel give me anymore power than the 91 octane garbage i am putting in it now?I believe my comp ratio is around 10:1

BVS40FL
06-20-2011, 09:14 AM
Now I know if you are wanting to try it nothing I say will stop you but....
That stuff is WAY too dangerous to mess with. Any little spark and its off to the races.
We tried it in our car a time or two. We had a fuel cap that leaked a bit when the tank was full. A few laps into the race we had a caution. Seems the car behind me was on fire. When they blackflagged him and got him to the infield, the safety workers hit it with the fire ext(spelling). And were puzzled as to why the outside of the car was ablaze. and no blown motor or oil leak under the hood. OOPS. I was hosing him down with fuel and his exhaust exited the right door and shot flames out when he backed off the throttle. Scared us out of using it again. Besides having to jet way up rich and the car runs hotter than normal.
Be careful handling it if you must try.

Milford Motorsports
06-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Nothing you add to the fuel is going to make you super fast.Try racing fuel first,it is surely a lot cheaper than getting your face burned off in a flash fire.We ran 104 octane booster you can buy at Walmart,makes a big improvement with pump gas.Work on set up and driving skills,that will give you the most gain.

warriorautotech
06-22-2011, 10:32 PM
will race gas help in that stock engine?

C10
06-22-2011, 11:52 PM
Race fuel in any engine under 10:1 (unless super charged or turbo, and nitrous) will HURT performance. Furthermore, the octane boosters you can buy really dont do much at all. IF your lucky, you may gain a half point.

longhornracer
06-23-2011, 08:02 AM
i agree 110% with C10.. Race fuel in that stock motor will do you absolutely nothing but maybe burn your pistons and valves up quicker!

SlowMustang
06-23-2011, 09:02 PM
i agree 110% with C10.. Race fuel in that stock motor will do you absolutely nothing but maybe burn your pistons and valves up quicker! Why? always thought race gasoline burned cooler??

Headhunter
06-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Race fuel will not burn up pistons and valves. Pump gas over 9.5/1 and steep timing wiith a locked ignition is a recipie for disater when it is leaned out and partial throttle you get detonation. When using non oxegenated fuel the trick is to use the lowest octane to stay on the safe side of detonation. One of the things we tested was fuels on pullover. 94 actually made a little more power then the 106 but the 110 was the same as the 106. But as we tested timing changes the 94 was marginal for protection . This was a 9.8/1 motor.

Octane boosters are a waste of money that I will agree

longhornracer
06-24-2011, 01:38 AM
Alcohol burns cooler! But 110 compared to ur 91 or premium pump gas detonates alot more! the fact of the matter is no need for it in a stock engine. I see what headhunter is saying bout the 110 compared to the 94. Most of your ministocks dont even need 110 a 104 oxygenated will increase power way more than just straight 110