PDA

View Full Version : rayburn ?????

pcope98
06-20-2011, 09:17 AM
ok i finally got to rescale my rayburn yesterday, the first time we did it i let someone else do it for me the car hasnt been raced yet since the other person who will remain nameless scaled it for me, all i intended to do is see if my scales and his agreed, anyway we put the can on the scales the the percentages look good but my lf seems way heavy at almost 100 lbs more than the rf, should i be concerned with this or should i try it this way and see? the car only has about 75#'s of bite in it should it be higher i havent run a rayburn in a long time and im trying to see if i need to change this car around or leave it, one more question does it sound reasonable that we only need to carry 40 lbs of lead to make weight.
springs lf 550 rf 500
lr 475 rr 400

joedoozer
06-20-2011, 10:27 AM
I am not sure about Rayburns, I run a 2000 Warrior.

But with me in the car my LF is 85 pounds heavier than the RF. Generally this is the norm. The LR is always heavier than the RR (bite). So the LF will need to be heavier than the RF to keep he cross % in the ball park.

But there was a thread not to long ago about running the same weight across the front tires. And Rayburn was talked about. I am sure you could find it with a quick search. It was a good thread.

rlj
06-26-2011, 04:07 PM
change lr spring to 325 add lr till frount wheels are the same

dualdj1
06-27-2011, 03:18 PM
I'm guessing by your springs you're on swing both sides. We run 350 LR and have almost dead even weight on fronts. you want to shoot for 53-55% left and about the same cross, and anywhere 56-58% rear and that should hit you around 150-200lbs bite.

if you're running a steel block engine you could be that heavy.

if you have any questions shoot me a PM.