PDA

View Full Version : bert transmission bleeding in ???

vms
06-21-2011, 12:07 PM
what is the best way to bleed in the transmission/.

joedoozer
06-21-2011, 12:12 PM
You mean the clutch? I bled mine like you do brakes. Had someone pump the pedal and hold it down. Cracked the bleeder. Check the reservoir after each time, because it goes empty fast. Some guys were having trouble getting air out, but this worked for me.

hpmaster
06-21-2011, 12:27 PM
I just pump it up, get out of car, open bleeder and let gravity do it's thing a while close bleeder. Then repeat. Never had any issues.

missile07
06-21-2011, 01:04 PM
sometimes if you bleed it and cant seem to get anything you can unhook the line and take out the bleeder screw and blow compressed air through it. We have to do this if a transmission sits a while.

Someone had told us that the little cup in there gets hung sometimes and needs help moving at first.

vms
06-22-2011, 06:16 AM
I used a vaccum pump but it still seems like there is very little pressure.

Its enough to make the car move and everything but seems like there is very little pressure ,The pressure is only when u push all the way in.

What all intitles to replacing the parts to fix it.

racin6mod
06-22-2011, 05:40 PM
I put my bleeder on the end of a 12 inch long #3 braided hose. I loosen the bleeder put it down in a bottle of fluid and pump the pedal until it gets stiff and then just tighten the bleeder zip tee the hose to the chassis. this makes it a one man job and is very easy. every time you pump the pedal you push air out a suck fluid in usaully only takes a few minutes.

Kwaz-13
06-22-2011, 10:27 PM
racin6mod, that sounds like the ticket. Usually, with two people, we will open bleeder, press pedal and hold, tighten bleeder. Do that first two times, then bleed 'normally' two or three more times and get a good stream.

vms, if the usual stuff doesn't seem to be working, you may want to make sure your m/c hasn't gone bad.

vms
06-23-2011, 08:59 PM
You mean the clutch? I bled mine like you do brakes. Had someone pump the pedal and hold it down. Cracked the bleeder. Check the reservoir after each time, because it goes empty fast. Some guys were having trouble getting air out, but this worked for me.

when i do this nothing comes out at all.

crate late
06-23-2011, 09:42 PM
If you can't get anything I would reverese bleed it. Take one of those little metal oil cans with the pump handle and fill it with brake fluid and put a rubber hose on the end and hook to the bleeder and open it and start pumping the fluid through the system into the master cylinder. Works the first time every time. You could also use a syringe and do the same thing just make sure there is no air in the syringe.

noral54
06-24-2011, 10:27 AM
push the peddle down and hold it ,put a vacum bleeder on the transmission fitting when you get fluid close bleeder let foot off peddle and ur done , takes about a minute.

vms
06-26-2011, 05:44 AM
looks like it was the master cylander. I put a brand new one on and works fine now thanks everyone