PDA

View Full Version : tires help

k11racers
06-22-2011, 12:21 AM
been away from this type of racing for a while .need help with tires and sizes. going to be racing on dirt with a mustang.i know there are alot of varibles involved .we have been spoiled over the years in other classes with racing tires but this is a first even for us to use dot tires so bare with me lol,
..i know i know ask the locals,well i have tried that to no avail.its like getting blood from a turnip!must be a freakin case of national security! i do know that some run the cooper tire,14 inch ,thats fine .so my question to you is IF you could buy new tires and wheels what would you go with and how to get stagger? i know alot of things come into play ,just need a basic set to get rolling .
9 inch section checked with go no go gauge. and yes i have done searches on this just cant seem to find right answer. any help would be greatly appreciated .thanks

Doug_Guilds
06-22-2011, 04:56 AM
The big "secret" really is just treadware numbers. 400 or lower if you can find them. I think the coopers run about 430 treadware but there are cheaper tires out there that are softer. Take your tire tape with you to the tire stores and measure every tire some sizes run different circumference per manufacture. 60 series are the rules around our tracks with a 7 or 8 in racing wheel. You can find 14 in racing wheels from most of the major manufactures but get em with the safety beads or you'll have to use tubes.

boportt
06-22-2011, 06:20 AM
u run 205 on rite and 195's on left thats gonna give u 1.5" staggar

k11racers
06-22-2011, 07:50 PM
thanks for the help guys ! really appreciate it. been running outlaw karts for past 7yrs so im a little rusty lol.