PDA

View Full Version : right rear shock angle

jsw444
06-26-2011, 07:15 PM
what angle is common for rr shock mine is 20 degrees inboard at top and its rubbing
at bottom link just wondering if i should space bottom link out a little or move top of shock inboard more thanks jeff

hpmaster
06-26-2011, 08:47 PM
I would space the link. Do some reading and research about shock angles before changing them. You change several other things by changing the angle of the shocks. JMHO.

Graff Spee
06-26-2011, 11:35 PM
Mine is at 18 degrees.

gadirtracer
06-27-2011, 01:18 AM
Less shock angle and the car will "see" a stiffer spring/shock.

Matt49
06-27-2011, 11:37 AM
Less shock angle and the car will "see" a stiffer spring/shock.

Less RR shock angle will increase wheel rate for that corner which is what I think you mean when you say "see a stiffer spring" but it will also decrease the roll rate of the car. So the net result may NOT be a tighter entry which is what a lot of people expect when they make this change.

rubbinsracin
06-27-2011, 02:15 PM
a kid we race with had a shock mount break on his RR upper side of the shock and he put on a bolt on mount just to inside of it. maybe changed the angle 5* and he said it made his car free almost to the point of making it "skate" through the corner on entry. it got him by in the pinch he was in because no one had a new weld in tab at the track to replace it. he went from a car that was handling really well(running 2nd in heat until it broke) to a car that limped through the B until he gave up and pulled off because he felt like he was going to just end up wrecking himself or someone else.