PDA

View Full Version : Needing some help.

Hagen14t
06-26-2011, 11:36 PM
Hey guys, here is some info on my car. 4 bar 4 bar. 550 springs in the front and a 225 in the left rear and 175 in the right rear. Bilstein DP1 package shocks. J bar split is 6 inches with it being the hole below the pinion on the 4 hole pinion plates. LRT rod is 32 degrees and about 48 at full extension. LRB rod is at 5 degrees. RRT rod is at 13 degrees. RRB rod is about -4 degrees. I have been running about 80 pounds of left rear bite. I have a 600/1200 pullbar. Running on imca tires. I cant seem to get the car to do anything. The car is just flat. It rolls onto the right front but not the right rear. On the shock indicator on the right rear it only has like an inch of movement. When there is some moisture to grab it is an average car but not great and as soon as the the moisture goes away, the car just falls off terribly. Left side percentage is about 52, cross is about 51, and rear is about 56. 240 pound driver. When the track gets tacky, it is right on the edge of being too tight, but when it slicks off, there is no sidebite and the just skates. It feels like they can drive five car lengths in deeper than i can, cause it just feels skatey. Fairly high banked tracks are what we run on. What do you think i should do? I very much appreciate the help.

washeduptoo
06-27-2011, 12:54 AM
Try lowering the jbar on the frame, try 4inch of rake to see if car changes and adjust up or down as needed would be my suggestion. Are you running IMCA rules or just the tire? Are you running a brake floater and if so, how much angle?

Hagen14t
06-27-2011, 09:52 AM
Yes i am running imca rules, and i have a brake floater in the top hole, which is two holes above where my LRT rod is.

powerslide
06-27-2011, 10:11 AM
is your ls% w/ or w/o driver?
How much trail?

Get closer to a baseline you are pretty drastic on most of your bar angles.
lower LRU bar to 25ish
raise RRU to around 18-20
raise RRL to atleast even. maybe uphill when tacky.

i am going out on a limb and saying your LS% is w/o driver. If so i would say it may end up a little high. Try moving ballast up and to the right. Be it fuel cell, battery, or lead.
Also washedup's suggestion of getting some angle out of j-bar isnt bad. Though i dont think you are too far off on that.

Personally hate brake floaters take off and throw in trash unless you are really consistant w/ brake and throttle they hurt more than they help.

washeduptoo
06-27-2011, 11:12 AM
The 1st thing I would try is lowering that brake floater to level at ride ht to see if that helps, the brake floater with angle tends to make car get on the rf hard. Good luck.

not clamped up
06-27-2011, 11:59 AM
This maybe a stupid question but with a 175 RR on a high banked track,and only 1 inch of movement have you checked the RR shock?

Hagen14t
06-27-2011, 12:54 PM
Yes, i ordered the shocks a couple of weeks ago, so they only have a couple of races on them. I took it off and checked it and it seemed to be okay.