PDA

View Full Version : Rear End Setup Advice Needed

Imca27mod
06-27-2011, 01:17 PM
I have a question about what setup to run in the rear of my Dirtworks DW8 modified and need some advice. Any input would be much appreciated.

First off the tracks that I race at have very little grip. They are dryslick 80% of the time and become a dust bowl. Both are semi banked 3/8 mi. I race IMCA and don’t have a lot of motor.

My question what do you feel will work best? (My plans are to run the rear end all floated nothing clamped except the brake brackets. Also I’m running a j-bar with rubber biscuits and a BSB pull bar.)

- 4bar / 4bar
- 4 bar / Z-link
- 4 bar / Z-link swing arm

Side bite and forward bite are my biggest issues.

Currently I'm running a floated 4-bar LR / clamped 2 link on the RR. I know it not a ideal setup and its not working the best. I want to switch to one of the 3 possible choices. I'm just not for sure which one would be the most benefical to me.

oldtrackchamp4x
06-27-2011, 03:11 PM
If you like you can go to the second page of this forum and find the post 4Bar lr 2 Bar rr spring on top. I also run a DW 8. and i put down what works for me. There are also a lot of other ideas you can check out. Good luck.

washeduptoo
06-27-2011, 03:46 PM
On the 4-2 set up, I guessing the spring is behind lr and have you tried running a short straight panhard bar? Of course your rules might have a length rule for panhard but a short bar straight will give you some drive or at least it did for us. Good luck.