PDA

View Full Version : Metric rear bars???

LowTechRacing
06-27-2011, 04:50 PM
On my lower trailing arms I have 3 holes for adjustments. Right now bot bars are on the lowest hole. The holes are about an inch maybe an inch and a half apart from the others. What would moving the bars around change as far as how the cars drives?

Graff Spee
06-27-2011, 06:32 PM
If the bars are level, that would be the setting for the least amount of roll steer. Moving the front of the bars upward would create more roll steer. It all depends on what you are looking for. I tend to run a very small amount of roll steer. It works very well for me. Some people really like roll steer though. good luck.

bushracing67
06-30-2011, 11:12 PM
move the right side up on the axle, less angle = more drive on that tire, however more angle on the left helps with rear steer, and that promotes getting on the throttle earlier and lr drive, i owuld run the rr 2-6 degrees at ride height, i run my left at huge angles 15+ sometimes more than 20 degrees, but im on hex tube and heims to correct wheel base, i dont like the left side to be more than a 1/4" shorter wb at ride height than the right side, but on the throttle god only knows, its prolly 4" shorter than the right lol

Ricky76
07-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Are you talking about moving the top trailing arms ? If so, do you want to raise the lr or rr trailing arm up (higher) than stock location on the rear end housing ?

LowTechRacing
07-01-2011, 01:01 PM
The holes are in the front of the lower trailing arms. The lr lower bar is adjustable length ways also.

Ricky76
07-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Anyone with any information on these questions ? We can't move our front trailing arm mounts for the top or bottom trailing arms, but we can move our top trailing arm mounts that mount on top of the rear end. Which side should be moved and/or raised up ?

Graff Spee
07-07-2011, 11:18 PM
By raising the top front mount for the top bars you are essentially lengthing the instant center of the rear suspention. This will make for a much easier to drive car because the driver will have much better feedback from the car due to the increased length of instant center. You should definetly do this.