PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying to heat race ?

Racer111
07-03-2011, 08:17 PM
What changes are guys making from qualifying to heat race ?

Graff Spee
07-05-2011, 11:46 PM
I set up my car for the feature! i just loosen it for qualifying etc. You can re engineer everything if you like (most popular choice) or you could throw a wheel spacer on it chang stagger adjust brakes etc. If you keep it simple it will always be simple. I think of the heat race as practice for the feature.

rubbinsracin
07-06-2011, 08:59 AM
where we race there is usually 16-18 cars and everyone gets into the feature. this usually makes us set up for the feature. but we might make a small adjustment or two depending on how the track actually looks when we get there. but i could see someone who isnt guaranteed to get into the feature would possibly set up for qualifying and the heat race because you have to do well there to get into the feature.

racer241
07-08-2011, 12:07 AM
we have two mastersbilts that are nasty in the heats if we leave main set on them, we started playing with stuff and found a descent combo for the heats. take most all lead out of rear(which means you have to set up leads to be easy to take in/out) and we have been changing all four bars to loosen up car. lrUdown lrLup RrU up RrL up. and leave low fuel in it. sounds like alot of work but depending on conditions it can make the car so much friendlier when the track is heavy. hope this helps!

racer241
07-08-2011, 12:11 AM
oh and just make sure and watch the track close because if it packs down and blows off a bit you may be doing some sweet doughnuts with that stuff changed haha