PDA

View Full Version : Shock measurement

LIS20
07-04-2011, 10:14 AM
2009 black front rocket - left rear shock --- what should the measurement be between the center of the axel tube and the center of the shock eye?? What effect would changing this distance haver on handling? Thanks ion advance.

Jim11h
07-04-2011, 11:50 AM
measure from bottom of frame rail to top of birdcage (not the 4 bar mount eye but sleeve of birdcage) and should be at least 13 1/2". more distance gives more LR drive and more RF. rockets drive off the RF sorta speak

LIS20
07-04-2011, 02:39 PM
2009 black front rocket - left rear shock --- what should the measurement be between the center of the axle tube and the center of the bottom shock eye on the bird cage?? This would not be the axle drop. What effect would changing this distance haver on handling? Thanks in advance. [EDITED]

Jim11h
07-04-2011, 09:49 PM
misunderstood what you was looking for. i would recommend calling rocket and ask for anthony tomorrow. He can most likely answer that question for you. we run ours in top set of holes on cage (the bolt on shock mount) because we didnt have necessary drop. with mount in bottom holes we were i think 12 3/4 or something like that. to my knowledge in book it doesnt say the distance and i think all that is determined in axle drop as to where it would go. hope that helps a little sorry cant answer specific for you. if anthony not in leave message and he will call ya back. great guy to speak with

C10
07-04-2011, 11:56 PM
Anthony and Derick are both great help, I agree 100% give em a call

TALON75
07-05-2011, 02:43 PM
on our blue front cars we are at about 6 1/4 inches, shock mount is in the top holes of the birdcage, we also do this to get the proper drop in the LR (13 1/4- 1/2) . moving the mount up and down on the birdcage effects how the birdcage reacts into the spring, the lower it is the more it will react into the spring and should tighten the car on throttle< at least that is my understanding of it . Good luck