PDA

View Full Version : saginaw clutch question

55fordpu
07-04-2011, 10:58 AM
I have my motor almost done. I have a harris e mod car.I have the 3spd. I have no clutch or bellhousing. Im now sure which direction to go. Dont have a fortune to spend. Which clutch is best for the $. I thought about the RAM coupler. It seems good for the $,but I have no feedback on how durable it its. I am running 3/8 track with a 6.0 gear.

racin6mod
07-04-2011, 04:00 PM
the ram coupler is ok as long as you do not try to run a hydro. throw out bearing.you need to use a slave cylinder type set up.we once tried even used the ram hydro. throw bearing thinking it would work but out at the track it just didn't work out. still have the burnt up coupler if anyone needs parts.

MOD16CK
07-10-2011, 09:46 PM
I bought a used quarter master chevy clutch off ebay then bought a new Ford button flywheel(that is what they call the plate that bolts to the crank). Has been working good all year.

bmodracer
07-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Get the lightest one you can find. Haven't heard anything good about the Ram couplers. If your rules allow, use a 7.5" or a 5.5" 2-disk and the ultra-light weight flexplate.