PDA

View Full Version : Bloomer

moonshine
07-04-2011, 03:14 PM
How is Bloomquist so fast without much hike at all? If I tied my car down like that it would spin from turn to turn. He seems to have plenty of drive. I noticed Owens and other people who run his car still hike up, but not as much as other brands. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Graff Spee
07-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Think about it for a second. Do you want to push your car upward? Or do you want to push your car forward? When he gets into it abruptly, his car still lifts like most others. I would say that he is giving the car what it can take as opposed to just going hammer down. The word smooth comes to mind. just my take on it.

grt74
07-08-2011, 06:33 AM
he also has the sheet metal really low to the ground and close to the tires so it looks like its not hiking up so much

3wheelinphotos
07-08-2011, 12:05 PM
he also has the sheet metal really low to the ground and close to the tires so it looks like its not hiking up so much

I have to disagree with that one...Look how big his skirts are they are atleast 6 to 7 inches below the door. I only put 4 inches below our doors here at Warrior so our doors are biggers

rubbinsracin
07-08-2011, 12:17 PM
i think what grt74 was trying to say was. look how little the distance his body(sheetmetal+skirting) is from the ground.

Egoracing
07-08-2011, 03:02 PM
i think what grt74 was trying to say was. look how little the distance his body(sheetmetal+skirting) is from the ground.

When he is just ideling around the left side is almost draging if it is not, the LR wheel opening is almost at the Hoosier letters. There was a pic awhile back of his car on a banked track and he was rolling around and the aluminum was at the bead on the wheel. If you pay real close attention you will notice that the body is mounted differently also.

Matt49
07-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Bloomer has been doing this stuff with the body for quite some time now. Moyer is doing it too. Last year when Moyer dominated Knoxville everybody was asking the same thing: "how is he so fast off the corners with the car not jacked up?". Some of it is an optical illusion with the body work. Some of it is that these guys have figured out ways to get their cars to go forward without as much hike. And a BIG part of it is that these guys never spin a wheel. Very few people on their best days are as good at pushing pedals as Scott and Billy are on their worst days. Food for thought.

Egoracing
07-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Bloomer has been doing this stuff with the body for quite some time now. Moyer is doing it too. Last year when Moyer dominated Knoxville everybody was asking the same thing: "how is he so fast off the corners with the car not jacked up?". Some of it is an optical illusion with the body work. Some of it is that these guys have figured out ways to get their cars to go forward without as much hike. And a BIG part of it is that these guys never spin a wheel. Very few people on their best days are as good at pushing pedals as Scott and Billy are on their worst days. Food for thought.\
They are running much smaller engines than some thing would work also. Ever notice Scott qualify top 10 but run good in the heat and the win the feature and if you watch his pit they hardly ever change anything!!!

4bangerhotrod
07-08-2011, 09:08 PM
i think the engines roush has for sale are nascar engines. but alot of these guys dont run big CI motors, they run smaller CI motors with less torque and a really smooth power curve and crank them 8800-10,000rpm i know one guy that cranks his 9800rpm alot of times and uses mostly 18* small CI he used to run lucas, but now he just runs big shows around our area and he wins alot of big races like this 750-780hp and always qualifies good so that has proved to me you dont need the 850hp to win these races or to even qualify good.

JETAM
07-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Having watched Bloomquist numerous times and most recently at Portsmouth, he is way ahead of most guys when it comes to having the entire package. He knows the cars inside and out. Knows the engines and the best size to run. His driving speaks for itself. He knows out to properly setup these cars for traction and his cars are extremely balanced which results in traction going to all four tires. If somebody beats this guy, they've done something. One thing about him though, he takes what his car gives him. If its off a little or he's off on tires or something, he doesn't abuse the car and gets what he can get.

4bangerhotrod
07-09-2011, 09:27 PM
bloomer told me one time to think of the car as a tricycle. it didnt make much since to me at the time, i thought i knew what he was talkin about but after watching him run alot ive figured out what he was talking about and its not how you would think. and after i figured this out my cars have got alot faster.
thanks,
4bangerhotrod