PDA

View Full Version : A little help on cross!!

wristpin
07-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Have a general clue. But what are the highest percent you guys run on a over slung four bar car? black track. G 60 tire. I am fighting with the driver that he is driving it like a car. I brought the cross down and he says his tail is way out there. I watch and the only time his tail is out there is when he stomps the gas and spins out in the black. We were running 53% cross but i brought it down to 50%. The rear end is straight up. We have close to 56% rear and 52% left one inch stagger in rear. It is a a harris. Alot of help from local guys but really never any thing about cross mentioned. Any help

hpontap
07-08-2011, 03:25 AM
Your left and rear %'s sound close . I keep my cross weight between 51.5-52%.
The 1" of stagger when slick could be a problem also. I run 1/2" in the rear and heads up when it slicks off. Good luck.

TALON75
07-13-2011, 03:52 AM
Disconnect the secondaries!! or at least adjust the throttle rod to slow down the travel . I hate taking away stagger, the car still has to rotate around the same radius wether it is slick or tacky . jmo

texas racer
07-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Move your accel rod down at the pedal end to slow it down. close the right side wheel base two turns on the bars. lower J bar on pin. mount. If you unhook the secondaries make sure you tie them shut with wire or a tie strap or they will pull wide open.