PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pump suggestions

slideways23
07-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Just purchased a motor that was ran as dry sump... I will be converting it to wet sump for my modified... What are the best/most reliable pumps for the money???

Motor is a SBC 406...

All suggestions appreciated!

powerslide
07-05-2011, 10:51 AM
I am guessing this is a pretty good piece if its being changed from dry to wet sump. I would get the titan and be done w/ it. The old style cast housing pumps have changed so much in recent years its tough to keep up with what is good now. If i had the money i would just order a whole oilpan pump setup from mullins. Nice looking stuff

slideways23
07-05-2011, 11:49 AM
That would be an option, but I have already purchased a new Canton pan for it...

Anyone had any experiences with the billet CVR pumps?

cavemod
07-05-2011, 09:38 PM
i use the melling select ,work great for the under a hundred bucks.

hammond
07-06-2011, 09:59 PM
if you are not running IMCA what I have done is put a 1 stage (weaver,or stock car products) oil pump in the bell housing like a dry sump and then just weld a #12 fitting in the RR botton of the oil pan and put a filter in that line to the pump then go out of the pump to a o berg and back in the engine at the oil filter (if thats this there) or where the dry sump line put the oil in the engine at. dont for get to remove the intake valley pugs so the oil can get back to the pan .

race21j
07-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Titan pump, best out there.