PDA

View Full Version : fan question.

rubbinsracin
07-05-2011, 01:38 PM
how many HP do you loose going from a 4 blade to a 6 blade steel fan?

C10
07-05-2011, 02:13 PM
not enough for you to notice

rubbinsracin
07-06-2011, 03:17 PM
do you think that the 6blade steel fan will hold up to running 6500 RPM for very long or will the rivets start to come loose quickly?....noticed the fan we have only says like 5500rpm. the other night in the garage when we started it up after we changed the radiator fluids we didnt have the shroud lined up perfectly and it lopped off one of the blades on the fan. we have this steel one and we hooked it up and it pulls a ton more air but we are worried about if it will fly apart after a few laps of 6500rpm?

mignum
07-06-2011, 04:54 PM
I have been turning my 6 blade fan 7300 all season long no problems yet.

C10
07-06-2011, 05:40 PM
We get our 6 blade from Performance Bodies in Cedar Falls Iowa. Not sure the rating but it has held up to 8000 rpm with no issues for 2 or 3 years now. We inspect it every time we give the radiator a good soak

Graff Spee
07-07-2011, 10:52 PM
I would stay with the four blade. It sounds like the other posters are not having trouble with the six though. Looks like you decide. ;-)

stevo
07-08-2011, 08:11 AM
Unless your wanting to raise the temp why go to 6 blade ?

rubbinsracin
07-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Unless your wanting to raise the temp why go to 6 blade ?

well we were running a 6 blade nylon fan, with no troubles i might add, until we took the radiator out and cleaned it and put it back in without the shroud being lined up properly and for some reason, neither I or my Father saw it. Started the motor up to let it get any air out of the system, and CRACK BAM SNAP SHRAPNEL. the fan and a few pieces of the shroud went everywhere. yeah i know, were stupid. but anyway, got the shroud fixed and we had a 6 blade steel fan that we bought new, but never used, because we ended up going with the nylon fan because it was lighter and kept the car cool. were expecting to keep the car even cooler by going from the nylon fan to the 6 blade. plus we just flushed out system out and went from our spring mix of 50/50 to 99% water with a tiny bit of A/F. we normally came off the track between 210-220 so were expecting to be in or just below that range now. because at anything more than probably 5000rpm that nylon fan was not pulling air any more, and this fan should pull air all the way through the RPM range.