PDA

View Full Version : remote oil filter

jrkracing54
07-06-2011, 07:48 AM
I'm adding an oil cooler and remote oil filter to my car. Where do ya'll mount the oil filter and what mount works best. I see joes makes one that has a tube clamp on it but they are pretty proud of it. Any suggestions?

Egoracing
07-06-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm adding an oil cooler and remote oil filter to my car. Where do ya'll mount the oil filter and what mount works best. I see joes makes one that has a tube clamp on it but they are pretty proud of it. Any suggestions?

Contact Terry and Preformance Connection in Tenn and tell him I sent ya.

Kwaz-13
07-06-2011, 10:32 PM
i mounted the one on my car just above the transmission, on the horizontal bar that connects the front down tubes around the c---pit, using two weight clamps. Works well for me b/c the drain pan sits right on top of the transmission when a change it.

jrkracing54
07-07-2011, 05:52 AM
That is exactly what I was thinking. I just didn't know what other guys were doing. Kip what are you doing wild man? I finally got a bigger engine. p.m. me you phone number when you are not busy. Thanks alot guys. John 1*

rubbinsracin
07-07-2011, 11:12 AM
think that some of you guys that have one or are putting one in you could take some pictures of the setup you went with so guys like me who would like to do something like this could see what is all involved?

cjer
07-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Have a CV Products adapter on the backside of my mid-plate with a 1/2" spacer so it has some room between the filter and the mid-plate. Very sturdy and the mid-plate gives protection to the filter.