PDA

View Full Version : Chain limiter ?

ZULATER15
07-06-2011, 05:12 PM
I know that the chain limits the travel on the rear end. But my chain is only 12 inches and I think that I should have more travel than that.when the track slicks
Off in the feature should I lengthen the chain? And can someone tell me what effect shortening the chain and lengthening the chain will do.
Thanks in advance.

car23
07-07-2011, 10:23 PM
with the car on the ground jack it up under the front of the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) pit frame rail. this will show you close to true travel of your bird cage on the left side. look at how close your bottom bar is to getting bent. then tighten chain to keep it from getting bent. also remember too that with your left bottom bar in the top notch that should be close to you max stretch.

3wheelinphotos
07-08-2011, 12:08 PM
with the car on the ground jack it up under the front of the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) pit frame rail. this will show you close to true travel of your bird cage on the left side. look at how close your bottom bar is to getting bent. then tighten chain to keep it from getting bent. also remember too that with your left bottom bar in the top notch that should be close to you max stretch.

HUH ur birdcage would never get there if your shocks are the right length. You need to set your chain to catch right before it your shocks are fully exteneded. not using the lower bottom bar as a gauge. Also less travel for hooked up tracks and more travel for slick tracks

ZULATER15
07-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Thanks guys for the help! That's what I needed to know.

car23
07-08-2011, 04:34 PM
all cars a little different and certain birdcages are made diff. shock angle also comes into play plus ride heights you are using. they even make the bottom left bar with a bend in it you can buy. but you dont want to be pull the shock apart either. lol

racedad17
07-12-2011, 09:12 PM
less travel for traction tracks and more travel for the dry slick? is this right? have always been told different, that would explain alot of problems weve been having then.
just want to verify that this is how im understanding this
thanks

jedclampit
07-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Correct, as to drop vs track conditions, as the general trend,slicker~more drop. Generally from 1/4"~3/4" max more for slick.:cool:

3wheelinphotos
07-15-2011, 07:41 AM
less travel for traction tracks and more travel for the dry slick? is this right? have always been told different, that would explain alot of problems weve been having then.
just want to verify that this is how im understanding this
thanks

Yep as the guy above said i'm right on it, cause in traction conditons you don't need the bar angle to make the car go but in the slick you do.

moonshine
07-18-2011, 07:10 PM
I have seen people take drop out in the slick and put it in when it's tacky. Sometimes it all depends on the car. More drop gives you more traction but it also adds more rear steer. Almost any adjustment on DLM is a give and take.