PDA

View Full Version : Millstream Speedway Closes

DustinJ14
07-06-2011, 07:35 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 6, 2011

Millstream Speedway
Findlay, Ohio

Media Contact: Dustin Jarrett (dustinjarrett@yahoo.com)

Dean Miracle Steps Down; Millstream Speedway Closes

FINDLAY, OH (7/6/11) – Effective immediately, Dean Miracle has made the decision to step away from Millstream Speedway in Findlay, Ohio. The track is now closed until further notice.

Citing low car counts and few spectators, longtime dirt track racing ambassador Dean Miracle is stepping down from his duties as Promoter of Millstream Speedway. The 4/10-mile track, located just west of Findlay, Ohio, is owned by Greg and Mary Beth Rowe.

“It is with mixed emotions that I announce my decision to quit running Millstream Speedway,” Miracle said. “After several months of hard work and investing money on a track that needs so much more work and money, I have decided to let Greg Rowe have it back. On my own time and with my own money, I was able to open the restrooms and concession stand. I replaced all the breaker boxes on the light poles in the infield, but now the front stretch lights need redone. Needless to say, there is still a lot more work to be done and a lot more money to be spent. I have paid out of pocket to fix and replace things at the track, buy equipment, pay my help, and then still cover the purse at the end of the night when the crowd was not big enough.”

With Miracle’s decision comes the closure of the track the Miracle helped to reopen in 2008, after the facility sat dormant for nearly ten years.

“I have put all of the effort and money into Millstream that I can. That being said, I hope Greg Rowe will sell the track to someone who will put the money and effort the track needs or put the money and effort into it himself. I wish luck to whoever takes this task on.”

In regards to the remaining events from July 3rd which were postponed, Miracle said, “All of the drivers from the July 3rd race have had their money sent out to them.”

Anyone who still has an arm band from the All Star Speedweek race can send their to me Miracle for a full refund at the following address: 352 Midland Ave., Findlay, OH 45840.

Miracle closed by saying, “Lastly, I want to thank everyone who has supported Millstream Speedway as well as all of my help. Simply put, a race track cannot make it on 350 to 450 people a race. Anyone who wants to discuss this matter or any matter with me can stop by my office I would be glad to talk to you about it.”

END OF PRESS RELEASE