PDA

View Full Version : 4" of motor rake?

Dirtrace54
07-06-2011, 08:53 PM
We have a mod that is fastboy style car with a chevelle front end on it. Weve been told its either a car built by Jeff Dunlap or Gary Cook Jr. The only markings on it is 'CR 02'. The motor mount looks identical to they way Robert Crump built his with the 2x2 running side to side all the way under the motor with 2 round tubes sticking up for the motor side mounts.

Heres the question, with the car setup and scaled out, the crank is almost 4" higher at the snout than it is by the midplate. This seemed extreme to me. What is everyones thoughts on this?

Graff Spee
07-07-2011, 11:04 PM
It should be 5 degrees down from front to back. This is for proper oil drain back.

joeltjen
07-13-2011, 08:24 PM
my buddy just wrecked his street stock a couple weeks ago , bad hit on driver side near footbox area. a fellow racer (who races a different class) owns a body shop and said he would pull it back straight as a favor. long story short, when he got the car back and "forced" the motor back in ( was not bound up when he took it out) the
tail shaft on the trans was higher than the driveshaft loop!!! needless to say he junked it out now but i still dont see how it got so pulled out of shape. just wondering did somebody sell you this car cheap??? maybe same sort of thing.

john

Egoracing
07-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Wrong motor plate or mid mounts. ?