PDA

View Full Version : Metric car big bite #'s?

joshfranklinmotorsports
07-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Wondering if anyone has been playing with some outrageously high bite numbers.... Like 400# plus? Got a couple locals here doing real well with it, but the details that I get are a bit sketchy... I can tell you that these cars are high left side weight cars, and not a lot of chassis or suspention movement....

bushracing67
07-07-2011, 09:42 AM
yeah, i run about 30# of bite lol

Ricky76
07-07-2011, 10:42 AM
How do they not push off the track ? If I run over about 100 lbs of bite, it wants to knock the wall down !!!

Chaps46
07-07-2011, 10:58 AM
They have to run that much bite to hook up nearly 700hp in a stock suspension car....;)

rubbinsracin
07-07-2011, 11:55 AM
when we drove them we stuck around 50 to 100#. we tried a couple of times going into the 200 range and the thing wanted to destroy the wall. maybe its one of those things were you get past a certain point it starts to free up again. try 400#s and let us know how it works lol

taslowroller
07-07-2011, 01:01 PM
i have run around 190 too 225 before the car worked good BUT the it wass really dry and rubbered up

Animalgfx
07-07-2011, 01:35 PM
I have a few friends trying it as well...

LOTS of left side weight.... All the weight mounted low... And soft rear springs...

I drove a car set up like this.. It feels like it wants to spin out on corner entry.. Till you pick the throttle up and it will drive like up off the corner like crazy...

Problem with it was it seemed to have a sweet spot picking the throttle up... and if youre early on it... It will shove the nose or if you're late you'll spin it out...

I've watched them run it on a small track and a large track with big sweeping corners... It Favored the big track... They won a Ton of races on it...

joshfranklinmotorsports
07-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Animalgfx... I have heard about the same feedback from others I have talked to....

stock car driver
07-07-2011, 06:06 PM
I run 200 no driver in the car so 250-275 with driver full of fuel.

I run 52 left.

My car drives in great and off great and handles like a dream, if it runs correctly under the hood I always pass cars, no matter where I go.

buterbaughb1
07-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Ive played around numbers close to 300 lbs of bite..had 250-200 rear springs and about 51% rear. Fairly large track, car was still really drivable and had tons of drive. Nothing close to 400 though

21 racer
08-04-2011, 05:49 PM
287lbs left rear bite 54%on left 54% rear 54% cross, car turns in on its on when you let off throttle and you cant play with it much in the middle you gota be on the gas drivein it like you stole it or it will push to the wall

dirttrackrocker
08-05-2011, 09:16 AM
I have a few friends trying it as well...

LOTS of left side weight.... All the weight mounted low... And soft rear springs...

I drove a car set up like this.. It feels like it wants to spin out on corner entry.. Till you pick the throttle up and it will drive like up off the corner like crazy...

Problem with it was it seemed to have a sweet spot picking the throttle up... and if youre early on it... It will shove the nose or if you're late you'll spin it out...

I've watched them run it on a small track and a large track with big sweeping corners... It Favored the big track... They won a Ton of races on it...

We call that the Tim Krape set up :)

stock car driver
08-05-2011, 07:28 PM
287lbs left rear bite 54%on left 54% rear 54% cross, car turns in on its on when you let off throttle and you cant play with it much in the middle you gota be on the gas drivein it like you stole it or it will push to the wall

yeah my set up doesnt work at all if you take it easy once you get to the lead etc.

Animalgfx
08-07-2011, 07:30 AM
We call that the Tim Krape set up :)

LOL... Fentons Used to be on it, Back when they were winning all those races at Clearfield...

I drove it up at Thunder Mt... Never been in the car other that practice.... came from 13th to 5th...Spun it On white flag lap.. Car was overheating and I panicked.. LOL Very easy to drive... But like someone else said... Ya cant be playing around in the middle of the corner.. LOL