PDA

View Full Version : Wendell Wallace Enjoys Impressive Weekend at WPMS; Readies for Clash at the Mag!

DelphComm
07-07-2011, 04:57 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

July 7, 2011

Wendell Wallace Enjoys Impressive Weekend at West Plains; Readies for Clash at the Mag

(BATESVILLE, ARKANSAS) Wendell Wallace, of Batesville, Arkansas, racked up his second feature win of the 2011 racing season on Saturday night, July 2 at the venerable West Plains Motor Speedway in West Plains, Missouri! Wendell, who won three 'Show-Me 100' titles at West Plains, ran second in his heat race to earn the sixth starting spot in the main event. The driver known as the "Batesville Bullet" worked his way towards the front of the field throughout the course of the race and eventually guided his #88 Victory Circle by Moyer entry past leader Jeff Floyd with only two laps to go. Wendell crossed underneath the checkers first to record the $3,000 payday over Floyd, Stacy Taylor, R.C. Whitwell, and Bill Frye.

On Friday evening at West Plains, the MARS DIRTcar Series and Comp Cams Super Dirt Series co-sanctioned a $2,500 to win program. Wendell won his heat race in preliminary action and later rolled off from the pole position in the 25-lapper. He took the lead at the drop of the green flag and paced the field for the first fourteen circuits before finishing a strong runner-up behind only winner R.C. Whitwell. Full results from the West Plains doubleheader can be viewed online at www.compdirt.com.

“I wish we could race at West Plains every week,” joked Wallace after the strong weekend. “That place will always be special to me and I really enjoying racing there each chance we get. I feel like we are getting this Victory Circle car better and closer to where I need it to be. This weekend at Magnolia will be a good measuring stick as to how good our program is right now because there will be a field of heavy-hitters over there.”

Following the win in the Show-Me State, the Wendell Wallace Autosports team has now turned their attention to the annual ‘Clash at the Mag’ at the Magnolia Motor Speedway in Columbus, Mississippi on July 8-9. Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series qualifying and heat race action will take place on Friday night, while the consolation races and 100-lap feature event will thrill the fans on Saturday evening. The cameras of the SPEED Channel will be on hand to tape the $20,000 to win mega-event for broadcast in the upcoming months. Additional information on the ‘Clash at the Mag’ weekend can be viewed by clicking on www.lucasdirt.com.

Wendell Wallace would like to thank the following sponsors for their continued support: Triple A Diesel Service, LLC, Wincrest Farms, Mark Martin KIA, Bad Boy Mowers, C. W. Culvert, GRT Race Cars, Victory Circle by Moyer M1 Chassis, New Vision Graphics, Russell Baker Racing Engines, Garrett Racing, Delph Communications, Base Racing Fuel, BSB Manufacturing, C&S Cable Construction, Rockhard Powder Coating, Frankland Racing Supply, Sweet Mfg., and Wilwood Engineering.

You can learn more about the “Batesville Bullet” online at www.WendellWallace.com!

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com (http://www.delphcommunications.com)