PDA

View Full Version : that's my story.... FORMER ICE BOWL CHAMPION BOBBY MAYSE TOPS CLEVELAND's LM's

Steve Hixson
07-10-2011, 08:22 AM
FORMER ICE BOWL CHAMPION BOBBY MAYSE TOPS CLEVELAND's LM's

story by: STEVE HIXSON

Cleveland, TN (7/9/11) --- Former (2008) ICE BOWL Champion Bobby Mayse (# 22) of Harrison, Tennessee won his 1st race of the 2011 season Saturday night at Cleveland Speedway. The Late Model ace took the lead in his "Mayse Construction, Stealth Racing Carburators" sponsored GRT / Chuck Smith (Racetek) powered machine from his CAT-BIRD's SEAT along side Rick Hixson and then held off pole-sitter for the entire 30-lap A-Main Feature. "My boys Jason and Kyle worked hard to get us here..." stated Mayse in a post-race interview. "They do all the work and with the support of my family, such as my wife Beck, this makes it all worth it." Of the 19-entries, Riley Hickman set fastest time, being the only racer in the 13-second bracket. Hickman would get beat in heat #1 by Hixson, while Mayse held off Jason Payne in heat #2.

Prior to the start of the feature PEEBO Glen Seaton III won the $500 Lottery Challenge after winning the nights Limited feature. Mayse and Hixson would have to attemp three starts before lap 1 was recorded. Hixson stayed glued to Mayse the entire event and made several attempts on restarts, but couldn't power past. Hickman, who'd won the night before at Cleveland's sister track down in Chattanooga was third as Andy Pickelsimer and Brian Pritchard rounded out the Top-5 running. Mayse got his second career big win last season in the LLM/Crate GOBBLER event at Cleveland worth $2,700. back in November. Super Late Models take center stage at Cleveland for the next two events as the Southern All-Star series and Ray Cook's Southern Nationals series comes to town within the 12 days. For more information on Mayse catch him on facebook and visit Cleveland Speedway's web-site www.clevelandspeedway.com for more deatais on upcoming events.

STROUPES63
07-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Congrats to Bobby on the win.Rick&Riley made it tough.It was good racing,alot of action behind the top 3