PDA

View Full Version : forward bite help

eclipsegse
07-10-2011, 06:38 PM
have a clamped a pierce modified need more bite off corners 4 bar on left zlink on passenger zlink is in middle hole four bar upper bar is all the way up and lower bar is up in 3rd hole have about 50ibs lr not enough bite when dry slick have 200ib springs in rear moved rr back bar up to top hole running 65o springs across front lf shock is 5 rf is 5/3 lr2/6 gas up shock rr3 thinking about 225 or 175 in lr spring change 8ibs air in lr and 10 in rr when slick tire temps are good run d40 on all corners except rr run a40 hoosiers any suggestions pull bar has 1/4 inch of preload took all preload out this weekend and mover rrback bar up to top hole any suggestions

washeduptoo
07-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Are you running a straight panhard bar and what is the rake? How is the entry and the rest of the turn? Are you running the shock on the clamp bracket behind or on bc behind? How much lr drop do you have?

anissa5
07-10-2011, 07:14 PM
What are the angles of the left side bars what chassis number the lower bar should be in bottom hole in the slick also the top bar should be in the middle hole in the slick. That is with a 3-hole bracket for the upper . There may be guys running the top hole maybe some help will stop by . Check them angles out.

eclipsegse
07-10-2011, 07:40 PM
straight bar and its in the 2nd hole up from bottom of pinion tried running 2nd hole down and lower bar down doesnt have enough drive when running there the bar angle are like 25 degrees on upper bar and 10 degrees on bottom bar entry and middle are great just not enough drive on exit has to wait to get back to gas and breaks tires loose also has 583 gear with a ford 9 inch will it help if we run pull bar down on pinion and take the swedge tube out of pull bar

eclipsegse
07-10-2011, 07:42 PM
it has 3 hole upper what do u meen by lr drop and the shock is behind on clamp bracket

washeduptoo
07-10-2011, 08:40 PM
I've never seen but about 3 Pierce cars in my area and they were overrail cars and they were also spring behind lr. If yours is an overrail car, what do you have limiting the drop. Lr drop is how far the lr will drop down from ride ht to full drop when up on the bars usually 4 inches measured at the bc works well. Try running about 6inches of rake with that straight bar to see if that helps from where you are on the pinion. Good luck.

eclipsegse
07-10-2011, 08:47 PM
have chain limiting drop i would say drop is around 4 to 5 inches and we have probably close to 6 inches of rake and its an overail car with spring in front clamped have heard of people putting softer and stiffer lr spring in to help

not clamped up
07-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Your left bottom bar should be in the middle to start,and bottom hole when its slick,and your air pressure is to low,15 on the right sides 12 on the lefts,they aren't made to run on the sidewalls,they also seem to wear better at that air pressure.The pullbar needs to be set like his papers say i've seen alot of Pierce cars (clamped up) that didn't have any drive and most was the way they set the pullbar.

eclipsegse
07-11-2011, 06:12 PM
ok driver doesnt like it when we move lower bar down on left so what do u think about moving pullbar down to lower hole on rearend

PIERCE3J
07-13-2011, 11:37 AM
If you move the lower bar down on the LR you should probably raise the upper LR also. Putting in more LR spring rate might loosen the car on entry more, but should give a little more LR drive off. Maybe take some gear out. Put more tail weight in. Slow down the throttle by moving the throttle rod down on the pedal arm. Make sure it still has full range of motion at the carb. Take a couple of degrees timing out. Lead RR a little bit. Lowering the pull bar on the rear end or softening the spring might work because as the rear end wraps up more it rotates the clamp brackets up into the rear springs harder. Just some ideas to think about. I'm no expert, but once in awhile I get it right.