PDA

View Full Version : Booper Bare Wins First SBB Feature of 2011 - 7/12/11

prodirtcar32
07-12-2011, 07:39 AM
July 12th, 2011

Booper Bare and the Sprouse & Cromer Motorsports Team Find Victory Lane for the First Time in 2011 by Winning the Firecracker 30 at Virginia Motor Speedway.

This past weekend, Booper Bare and the Chris Cromer/Merrit Sprouse owned team headed east to Bill Sawyer’s Virginia Motor Speedway. After a month off, The Steel Block Bandits resumed their 2011 schedule with the Firecracker 30. 44 Steel Block Late Models signed in for the $3,000 to win show on the big half mile. Booper, no stranger to VMS having won numerous races along with the 2003 & 2004 Track Championships at the Jamaica, Virginia speedway showed he still could find the fast way around. Starting second, and after running in the runner up stop for the first couple of circuits, Booper moved the Jimmy’s Tree Service/Mastersbilt #83 up to the high side and never looked back. When the dust settled, Booper and the team were standing in Victory Lane for their first win of 2011.

“This team deserves all the credit in the world for this win” said Booper, from his Rockbridge Baths, VA race shop. “We were fast all night but fought an electrical problem right up until feature time. We unloaded fast right off the bat. The car was good enough to be 2nd quick in time trials and win the heat even though it was popping and carrying on. The guys worked all night in the heat changing things, sometimes twice until we found the problem” added Bare. “I have always loved racing at VMS and to pick up another win is always special but to win for Merrit & Chris made it even more enjoyable.”

The team will stay pretty close to home this coming weekend as the Steel Block Bandit series host a double header in their back yard. On Friday Night the team will race at Natural Bridge Speedway in historic Natural Bridge, VA and then on Saturday the series will be head to Waynesboro, VA with a 40 lap feature at Eastside Speedway. Both races will pay $2,000 to the winner.

“I’m looking forward to this weekend, I haven’t gotten to race all that much at Eastside prior to this year but we were pretty good earlier in the year and are hoping to be a little better this time around. I have a ton a laps and some pretty big wins at The Bridge and always love racing at Larry & Karey’s facility” said the 2 time Sunoco Fall Classic winner. “This year has been the most fun I have had in awhile. Driving this car for Chris & Merrit has been just great, the crew works hard each week and we couldn’t do this without them or our sponsors. I hope this win is just the first of many more” added Booper.

Booper would like to thank all of the sponsors helping out this year:
Jimmy’s Tree Service, JC Body Shop, Fast Frames by James, Devenny’s Automotive, Hoosier Tire Mid Atlantic, Integra Shocks, K.R.S. Graphics, Mastersbilt by Huey, Port City Racing, Poske’s Performance Parts, Simpson race Products, Sunoco Race Fuels, Wiles Racing Driveshafts, Weld Wheels, World Wide Racing Fuels & WRT Speedwerx.

Keep up to date with all official Booper Bare news at www.booperbare.com

Upcoming Races:
July 15th – SBB – Natural Bridge Speedway (VA)
July 16th – SBB – Eastside Speedway (VA)
July 22nd – TSF – Winchester Speedway (VA)
July 23rd – TSF – Potomac Speedway (MD)
July 30th - TBA
August 5th – Potomac Speedway (MD)
August 12th – Potomac Speedway (MD)
August 13th - SBB– Roaring Knob Motorsports Complex (PA)