PDA

View Full Version : Poly Bushings

csj1
07-13-2011, 07:09 PM
I am looking at changing the bushings in the lower rear control arms. The rules sate the arms have to be stock. I have had no luck locating stock type rubber bushings. The only thing I can find are the poly bushing. In the Smith book he states not to use these types of bushing in the rear end. He feels the cause the rear end to bind in the corner. Has anyone used poly bushings and seen this or is it total BS. Also does anyone know where to get rubber bushings or even better spherical bearings for this setup? I am running a early 80s Mustang with a 7.5 in rear end. I know where to get the upper bushings just cant find the lowers without going to poly. CJ

29 avenger
07-14-2011, 01:42 PM
we ran into the same thing and found that the top bushings would fit in the front of the bottom arms you just have to use washers to get the right spacing side to side then we used the same the same top bushing in the bottom on the back we just found a piece of exhaust pipe that fit tight in the arm and welded it too the arm and put the bushing inside of it and then used washers from side to side I was really stressed about this for a while who would think you would not be able to get bushings for a mid 80s mustang we have this all together but have it has not been ran yet

Headhunter
07-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Have you looked into the bushings for the SN95 body style? The could be the same.

Headhunter
07-14-2011, 01:54 PM
Have you looked into the bushings for the SN95 body style? The could be the same.

Also you may want to try NAPA or www.napaonline.com they have them there.

csj1
07-14-2011, 05:31 PM
NAPA has the upper bushings but not the lowers. If I am missing them please let me know. CJ

crcltrakr
07-14-2011, 11:58 PM
I am looking at changing the bushings in the lower rear control arms. The rules sate the arms have to be stock. I have had no luck locating stock type rubber bushings. The only thing I can find are the poly bushing. In the Smith book he states not to use these types of bushing in the rear end. He feels the cause the rear end to bind in the corner. Has anyone used poly bushings and seen this or is it total BS. Also does anyone know where to get rubber bushings or even better spherical bearings for this setup? I am running a early 80s Mustang with a 7.5 in rear end. I know where to get the upper bushings just cant find the lowers without going to poly. CJ

how about these: http://dcaracefab.com/dca-cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=7&zenid=m7738csd0oghjspqmcaqh6m8s7

csj1
07-15-2011, 07:23 AM
Thanks, Jerry. I will take a look at these. CJ