PDA

View Full Version : Mirrors in race cars

Heat
07-14-2011, 09:44 AM
Not sure where this question fits in this forum but this is where I'm putting it...

I noticed in the photo's forum under one thread the cars had large mirrors mounted under the roof. I've never heard of or raced at a track that allowed this until now.

How many of you have mirrors?

I'm assuming that the only thing they are good for knowing how far of a lead you have instead of getting signals from your buddy behind the fence!

Here's a link to the forum I'm referring to: http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?217277-Photos-from-Carolina-Speedway...

stock car driver
07-14-2011, 10:26 AM
pavement cars run mirrors

I could see the cruisers running a mirror maybe on dirt. I didnt look thru all the pics to see if other classes have them there on dirt.

Heat
07-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Sorry, this question was for dirt track racing...

stock car driver
07-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Sorry, this question was for dirt track racing...

I followed your link. I saw a cruiser car with a mirror.

IVE never seen a mirror allowed on dirt, like I already said with two drivers maybe they allow it with the cruisers.

prostart01
07-14-2011, 01:52 PM
thanx for share.

te33
07-17-2011, 10:55 PM
It's very common in the southeast,one big one in the car and a small spot mirror on the drivers side .I run one track that lets you run them and it makes for a lot of dirty moves,run at another that does not.I myself don't like them,don't run them ,tends to distract me.There is plenty to look at out the windshield .I do however run radios,but thats another topic.

ferd
07-18-2011, 06:46 AM
Seen mirrors in lower divisions and in Legends cars. Tracks around me recently banned them. Too much blocking. They have also banned 2-way radios for everybody except touring classes. They use a 1-way Raceiver instead. They say that they want the driver to drive, not the spotter.

imracin68j
07-27-2011, 12:41 AM
If you're worried about what's going on behind you, you ain't going fast enough.