PDA

View Full Version : Scaling

bmodracer
07-15-2011, 04:47 PM
What is the trick to putting turns in and taking turns out to maintain ride heights?
I'm tired of spening 3 hours chasing my tail trying to scale out the car.

spring rates

LF 600 RF 650
LR 175 RR 175

Thanks!!!

oldtrackchamp4x
07-15-2011, 06:20 PM
Say you have to much LR bite. Take 1 turn out of lr and rf and put in 1 turn lf and rr. If your lr doesn,t have enough bite just do the opposite. Keep the turns the same. Your heights ahould stay real close. It works for me. Good luck.

TCmod
07-15-2011, 07:07 PM
Change all 4 corners to move weight quickly and maintain ride heights to a point.

On my car:

LF -1/2 turn RF +1/2 turn

LR +1 turn RR -1 turn

Will usually change the wheel weights like this but keep the ride height the same.

LF -10 lbs RF +10 lbs

LR +10 lbs RR -10 lbs

bmodracer
07-16-2011, 05:19 AM
I'm scaling the car now at 5am...I allways used to do the +1 lr, -1 rr and +1 rf, -1 lf for bite and opposite to loosen it up on my old car and it used to work great....this car doesnt like that so much. I'll try the 1 turn rear and 1/2 turn front and see what happens....

thanks!!!!!!

Egoracing
07-16-2011, 07:09 AM
Put your car on the scales and play with the air pressure and see what happens. I could add 200lbs of LR bite on our late model with air pressure adjustments alone.

Kojak_9x
07-16-2011, 11:54 AM
make sure you check all your jack bolts and or coilover's/spring sliders to see if they are all the same theads. IE course/fine. Say you add 1 turn in the LR and 1 in the RF and the LR is fine thread you will actually have to go 2 turns to maintain ride hights.

I use the "around the world method" (if i just need to +/- bite/cross) What ever I put in the LR, the RF gets the same (if they are the same threads). I also take what ever i put in the LR/RF out of the LF and RR. This always seems to keep my ride hights the same.

I also write down every thing I do and check ride heights/cross/bite after every adjustment (all 4 corners) so if I screw something up or dont like the way it is on the track I can always go back to my starting point.

Darkstar15
07-17-2011, 10:57 AM
Something else we do before scaling is pull out LR axle to take bind out of car and disconnect all shocks. Also, we use roll offs as the LF will also bind up car sometimes. Since we have been doing this we have had no problems repeating our base setup or making changes. And best of all it has cut our scaling time way down.

John