PDA

View Full Version : What Happened? / To our car!

clm15
07-17-2011, 07:33 AM
Ok, I Have been at this game a long time,Our car has been in the top 5 all year. We have done nothing different on the setup,But move the Left rear bars up or down,depending on the track. 100lb bite,52 to53 cross,58 rear.On Alky.( Its a 4 bar all new updated brackets from Jet)
About 3 weeks ago the car went nowhere. No heat in the tires just a 12th place car. So I did what,any good crew chief would do. I pulled out the birdcages,the shocks,pullbar,J-bar.Replaced rod ends,Cleaned,lubed ect. The next week no drive. I thought our tires sealed up? So Got three new tires.( We run a good tire not the UMP or IMCA stuff).Hoosier soft and a Med100 for feature.Next night,no drive,no heat. Car gets no hike,Im tied down on the RF,And on a 97,2 LR. In front,200 spring LR Behind,a 200RR Ahead,On shock 93,5, and 700RF 750LF. Remember this is a IMPALA clip.(I been on a 650RF and its ugly) I use a hard comp shock in the Mud,fasttrack. All the shocks,except LF were tested? What am I missing? Top 5s pay the bills,we need to get back on track. Thanks

washeduptoo
07-17-2011, 07:49 AM
When we've lost drive all of sudden,its been the lf shock. Compress it and see if its rebounding slow. Good luck.

not clamped up
07-17-2011, 08:48 AM
If its not the LF shock,I'd be checking the pullbar,rubber bushings and progressive springs wear out,not knowing what you have that would be a place to look.In years past have wore out rubber bushings in 4 nites and progressive springs in 6 nites.

kraftkar7x
07-17-2011, 09:33 AM
Kinda steep on bite shld be 30 at most... maybe softer LR spring as it promotes hike up front springs sound ok I run 800 RF and 850 lf on my impala clip car. I run 57 rear tho

clm15
07-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the help,keep it coming. I put the LF on the dyno today and its still good. As far as the brackets it all looks good. We have not wrecked it,YET! lol
I got to thinking about the LR bite that kraftkar7x talks about! I went from 3 in of stagger,in our feature to 2. I was looking for more speed as the straits are long.That 1 inch of stagger change puts us at 146lb LR bite. We run good in the heat and Im at 3 in stagger,and 97lb bite.Could the LR having all that bite get the RR to slip traction? I did do this about the same time we have slowed down.
We used to run 150 to 200 LR in our old car,it liked it. (That car was on a 5th arm)
This car with the pullbar is new to us.I think it forces the LR into the track harder,then the 5th arm.So it don't need all the stadic weight on the LR.

I will try going back to 3in stagger. I was thinking about raising the rear ride heights To get it up 1/2 in. Could that be what the taller tire was doing? Makes sence yes/no?

1cln_sdime
07-18-2011, 12:01 AM
Bite is crazy high i would try to back it down to atleast 40 if not less, the car is a 4/4 car correct. Also we had this happen before r slider was binding pulled it off checked it and it didnt feel to bad put a new one on and the car was back. just something to thing about

JustAddDirt
07-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Bent shock, bent eliminator, or a dead shock somewere.