PDA

View Full Version : 03 shaw base setup

crazyhorse
07-17-2011, 12:12 PM
anyone got a base setup on 03 shaw?

Snappy
07-17-2011, 03:14 PM
anyone got a base setup on 03 shaw?

They use to be on their website, but the website request that you contact them for the latest setup sheet. Most likely call Jason for set up sheet and Kevin for set up info @ 870 251 2966. I would send you my set up sheets but it sound like they my have made a some changes, so I'll be calling for some new one for my self as well.

http://larryshaw.com/index.html

rubbinsracin
07-18-2011, 12:53 PM
we run an 01 shaw with 04 updates and when we called Kevin told us that the setup we had for the car was about as good as it was going to get. one thing he did say though, was when you set you RR ride height your RL bar should be level. we went from a 4 1/4" to 4 1/16". dont seem like much. but seemed to add some side bite.

one thing we did do different from the stock setup is go from an 8 1/2" RF a-arm with 1.5" spacers to a 10" and this really has helped the car be more stable through the corner.

Snappy
07-18-2011, 05:29 PM
we run an 01 shaw with 04 updates and when we called Kevin told us that the setup we had for the car was about as good as it was going to get. one thing he did say though, was when you set you RR ride height your RL bar should be level. we went from a 4 1/4" to 4 1/16". dont seem like much. but seemed to add some side bite.

one thing we did do different from the stock setup is go from an 8 1/2" RF a-arm with 1.5" spacers to a 10" and this really has helped the car be more stable through the corner.

I got a 2003 1/2 #3 round tube Shaw and we are using a 9 1/2" with 1/2" spacer, but I can see where a shorter A arm would change the front end reaction speed. The next time we seem to be having trouble getting bite, I'll have to remember to check out bottom left rear bar ours is @ roughly 5*. I will say paying attention to bird cage placement on the axle tube makes a big difference on forward bite.