PDA

View Full Version : Lr quarter panal

jakeherrell18
07-18-2011, 10:40 AM
i see a lot of people trimming their LR quarters way off the ground i guess for aerodynamic reasons. Does it really make that much differance? i know it sure is ugly

supercomet32
07-18-2011, 12:22 PM
I think its more monkey see monkey do. back in January you had richards and a few others trimming it down however I dont think there was that much gained plus you leaving that left rear open. My opinion look at other areas.

However I would like to see a areo sheet from lockhead on this.

You getting tha tGRT dialed in? gotta get out there just too many irons in the fire trying to make a a living and helping a team outta state so I never make it to races close to home.

Matt49
07-18-2011, 03:54 PM
I was told it allowed more air OUT from under the car when the car is pitched which helps generate down force by creating more vacuum under the car.

jakeherrell18
07-19-2011, 06:45 AM
yeah we got it going pretty good just been having some bad luck lately

hpmaster
07-19-2011, 07:27 AM
I got about a hundred other things to do better before I have to worry about cuttin off the left rear or treatin tires, like not drivin like a stupid fool. :)

joedoozer
07-19-2011, 08:07 AM
I got about a hundred other things to do better before I have to worry about cuttin off the left rear or treatin tires, like not drivin like a stupid fool. :)

Same here haha.

I am not sure how much air it is actually letting out. There sure is a lot of stuff in the way blocking that air flow. The rearend mainly. And depending on how big your cell is and where your battery is mounted. Seems to me that the LR quarter would be way down on the list of things blocking air.

Maybe they removed it so it wouldn't get folded in so easy and cut their own tire. Or maybe it was only suppose to generate some "buzz".

supercomet32
07-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Knowing Jake Im sure he's got a good idea what his cars need, just seeing if its worth playing with. It might be something i'd make two panels for and just change that alone and see where it helps/hurts if you want to put some time into it but not sure its going to be that significant. maybe maybe not. I know every car that I used to see get the quarter beat off it was either not fast enough or had somebodies patience worn out cause they couldnt get around em.

supercomet32
07-19-2011, 10:53 AM
When I can get out to the track ill give you guys a hand if you need some help. planning on being at the Boss but as for dixie that remains to be seen.

jakeherrell18
07-21-2011, 11:23 AM
yeah man come see us