PDA

View Full Version : Shock question

OWM50
07-18-2011, 08:29 PM
Its about mid season here and we were looking at replacing shocks and having them either rebuilt by a custom builder or having a new set built in the winter. My question is which shock would be the better choice between QA1 or bilstein shocks, im looking at the 55 series QA1 and not sure on the Bilstein's. Im also unsure which is better between twin tube or mono tube. These shocks will also be used for spares next season and any help will be greatly appreciated!

1cln_sdime
07-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Give the guys at war shocks a call, we ran the bsb black pkg for 2 yrs. then a guy running war shocks told us to try getting war to re valve our shocks when we bent a couple not bashing the bsb shocks at all but we r very very happy with the war shocks we r now useing def. worth giving them a call

clm15
07-18-2011, 09:33 PM
I have a shock dyno,and have worked on many shocks.Im not rebuilding them any more,but I do a checkup for many local teams. We run a mod,and I have nothing but good to say about BSB shocks.Jay at BSB will custom build you a set of shocks for your chassi.He will ask you questions,like angle of the shock,mounting distance, spring angle,chassi brand ect...
I check our shocks once every 4 nights.and they stay the same. I will tell you many shocks out there, change often! Most shelf shocks, are so far from what they are spose to be its not funny. Id only buy a shock pak, that has been dynoed. The BSB stuff is Bilstein,and a lot of tech has been put into them. There Black package is dollar for dollar the best I have found. If your track gets smooth,or bumpy the Black shocks will perform great. I had jay build us some tie down,and hard comp stuff for soft RF spring deal in the slick.The hi dollar shocks out there are good to,but they will cost you. The 20 series shocks from BSB are 175 each. and the repair bill will never be more then that. Some shocks replacment shaft is more then 175. My two cents.Good Luck

LM14
07-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Give Brent Walker at Racemart a call. Tell him SPark sent you! He does QA! and will work with you, not just tell you what you need.

http://walkersracemart.com/

SPark

Flyin Iowan
07-20-2011, 07:10 AM
Call Precision Performance and ask for Andy 319-545-2212

JAMESGANGRACING
07-20-2011, 04:00 PM
anybody used the ruhlman shocks?