PDA

View Full Version : Idle issues

LowTechRacing
07-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Ok I have a sbc 350 edlebrock intake and 1405 edlebrock carb. When it's cold it runs fine no problem. Idles fine drop it in gear (th350) no problem. When it warms up it doesnt want to idle and when I drop it in gear it dies. I need help fast, as I'm trying to make my first start this year on Saturday.

LowTechRacing
07-19-2011, 06:46 PM
When you guys do intake gaskets do you use the rubber for the front and rear or just sylicone?

LowTechRacing
07-20-2011, 09:31 AM
Could it just be running really rich at idle?

Chaps46
07-20-2011, 10:03 AM
have your removed the choke from the edelbrock carb?

26-62 racing
07-20-2011, 07:07 PM
The problem may be as simple as idle mixture screw adjustment. With motor at operating temperature adjust the idle screws. Gently turn the mixture adjustment screw in, clock wise gently seating the screw. DO NOT FORCE THE SCREW TO SEAT, because that will ruin the seat. Back out the mixture screw 1/2 turn at a time listening for the motor to pick up rpm. When the motor has achieved max rpm from that adjustment screw it is adjusted. The last part of the turn may only be a little at a time to achieve the most rpm but you get the idea. Adjust the next mixture screw the same way. Now adjust the the throttle plate screw to achieve the desired finial engine idle speed. Hope this helps, Mike

ToddSmith16
07-20-2011, 09:52 PM
at one at a time....turn idle mixture screw all the way in and back it out 1 1/2 times....move to other side and do the same thing....the car may want to die so give it throttle while doing this procedure....easy money!!!!

LowTechRacing
07-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Going up tomorrow to dial it in. Can't wait to hit the track on Saturday.