PDA

View Full Version : Scaling?

hobbyracerbn2
07-19-2011, 04:47 PM
when scaling the car would u have to put the 4 bars in a certain hole for all sides and does the the axle need to be slid out,i have heared of this before and do u unhook the 5th coil?? Thanx and how much bite u think i should start out on this car?? Motor is a steel head dont know if i need to go with the steve smith grt book on specs.it says 150 i believe that may be to much???

joedoozer
07-19-2011, 08:43 PM
Its best to start with the base set up from the chassis builder. You will eventually end up with your own base set up after you make changes week to week. But start with what the chassis builder says. It might be the long road, but you will understand what works and what doesn't.

I unload the 5th coil because that is what everyone says to do. Although I have checked it on the scales and I didn't notice a difference in the numbers. That doesn't mean I won't see a change as my set up evolves.

Get in the car when you scale it and write down the numbers. Get out and fill the seat with weight until your numbers match again. This way you can set your ride heights and make all your changes as if you were in the seat.

It is good practice to put some angle pieces in front and behind the RR tire on the scale, this will keep it from rolling off. Also pull the LR axle out, this will keep it from doing donuts in the garage when you jack it up 25 times as you make changes.

I am sure some others might have some tips.