PDA

View Full Version : Dave Hess Jr., Press Release

CollegeBoy44
07-20-2011, 08:10 AM
Hess Raises the Bar in 2011 in The #44 Late Model.
KMM
Kinder MotorSports Media
July 18, 2011
(Waterford, PA) – Dave Hess Jr., Waterford native and “elbows up” style race car driver has been having a bench mark year. Hess has been turning heads since he’s started his Late Model campaign in the Tri-State Area beginning in early April. Hess, already a well accomplished open wheel modified driver, has been stepping up his Late Model Program to match the success he’s experienced in his Open Wheel Modified. He’s been doing so and in the same #44 that’s graced the side of his highly profitable Modified. Hess is now gaining the same popularity for his ground pounding, 800 horsepower, dirt slinging, Late Model.
“Statistically, I’ve been having a great year,” added Hess. “Mostly I’ve been going out there and having fun, winning takes work and the payoff is worth it so the harder I work I figure the better the payoff.” The payoff Hess mentions comes in two forms- most recently $ 4,000 in the Jays Auto Wrecking United Late Model Series Event held at Busti, NY’s Stateline Speedway and a $2,000 DIRTcar sanctioned win at Lernerville Speedway (PA) where Hess is also the defending points Champion and to round out this weekend Dave went three for three with a win at Eriez (PA). That comes in addition to the $5,500 in prize money for taking the checkered flag in the Francis Seaman Memorial at Stateline Speedway on July 2nd. The other payoff for the young wheelman comes emotionally. “I’ve been striving to get my Late Model program to where it is right now and having that, being seen as one of the guys to beat really makes me tick and there’s nothing I love more than to win these weekly shows and to pick up some of the bigger purses in the area.”
Among Hess’s 2011 accolades are 4 wins at Lernerville Speedway (PA), 3 wins at Stateline Speedway for a total of $12,500, and 4 wins at Hess’s home track, Eriez Speedway (PA). Hess also hit a huge milestone for any driver when he picked up his 200th career win by winning features in both divisions (Late Model and E-mod) at Eriez Speedway on June 12th.
“I really grateful for having this opportunity (to race cars for a living) and I’ve most defiantly have got to thank my parents for not only being a financial backbone, but for their support in general. My sponsors are great too and I’m happy to be representing them well and making them feel good about investing in my race program,” allowed Hess.
Dave Hess Jr., drives the Hess Garage and Salvage, Linda’s Notary Service, Plyler Overhead Door, Beacon Lubricants, Jim Brozell Construction, Matt Teribery Flooring, Kinder MotorSports Media, Collision World, Rocket Chassis equipped with Genesis Shocks provided and assisted by Mike Farr, Hoosier Tire by Hoosier Tire Mid-Atlantic, Fast Shafts, Bassett Wheels, Simpson Race Products, VP racing fuels and Larry Shaw Chassis (E-mods). Koldrock water is provided to the team, the cars are decaled by Bill Blair of MWB graphics and web design.