PDA

View Full Version : Steering box with 2.1 quickner. anybody experience pump catch in the middle of corner

JET1130
07-22-2011, 03:28 AM
I have a 12 to 1 gm box with 2 to 1 quickner. Steering is hard in the middle of the corner. Read on KRC'S website that they call it pump catch from not enough flow in the steering box servo with the quickner in the system. The pumps come with a standard valve in them. They sell various flow sizes to decrease or increase flow for more or less feel. My question is has anyone drilled the flow valve out larger ?. Is it possible ? I dont have time to get a larger flow valve for the pump here before this weekend. I have an aluminum pump. This thing sucks in the middle of the corner when back steering. Thanks.

HEAVY DUTY
07-22-2011, 09:07 AM
You need more flow.You can drill it out, try a few thousands at a time.It is best to just get KRC's biggest flow valve to start with.They should just put them in with the pump.

JET1130
07-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Yes you are right ! I called KRC this morning. The orifice size the pump comes with is .125. They recommend a .157 to increase flow 1 gallon per minute to allow the pump to keep up with the servo in the box at racing rpms so it does not cavitate. Also a 4mm drill bit will work. They wanna sell the flow valve to adjust feel & they offer different sizes also but they said go straight to the E SIZE.